Clinton Morrison a huge disappointment so far

I don't know if anyones mentioned this yet or even done a thread on it but Clinton Morrison has been a huge disappointment for me so far this season, we missed Mellor at the weekend, Morrison did nothing for me.

He looks really off the pace and not even 70% fit to me, i think he needs to work harder on getting to peak fitness as we need a firing Clinton, not a rusty old has been who looks like he's had his day.

Mellor and Tudgay are definitely the best option front two wise.

Did anyone impress you at the game? Just wondering as The Star reported that the team were booed off, was it a few people letting the team down?

As for Morrison, did he have much of a pre-season? (I genuinely don't know this), is it just a case of a few weeks of hard work to get him up to match fitness?

Guest sibon
I don't know if anyones mentioned this yet or even done a thread on it but Clinton Morrison has been a huge disappointment for me so far this season, we missed Mellor at the weekend, Morrison did nothing for me.

He looks really off the pace and not even 70% fit to me, i think he needs to work harder on getting to peak fitness as we need a firing Clinton, not a rusty old has been who looks like he's had his day.

He showed a few flashes of genuine class on Saturday, but he tired quickly and got pretty poor service.

TBH we could have Messi up front at the moment and still fail to score. When he's properly fit and the midfield learn to pass, I think he will be a big player for us.

Did anyone impress you at the game? Just wondering as The Star reported that the team were booed off, was it a few people letting the team down?

As for Morrison, did he have much of a pre-season? (I genuinely don't know this), is it just a case of a few weeks of hard work to get him up to match fitness?

On Saturday Buxton and Spurr were awful, Carlisle attack down the flanks and both of our full backs got terrorised, if it wasn't for Weaver we could have lost by 5 or 6 in all honesty.

Potter had a very poor game, caught on the ball all the time, not strong enough in possession on several occasions and his tackling is dire worse player on the pitch Saturday he was.

Sedgwick is another who doesn't seem to be cutting it for me, he lacks pace, doesn't take players on and looks burnt out.

We really did miss the guile of Neil Mellor him and Tudgay seem to gel quite well together.

Clinton Morrison made one substitute appearance in pre-season that was it, he did have a groin problem which has set him back, saying that when you had the service he got at the weekend its no wonder he played crap.

He showed a few flashes of genuine class on Saturday, but he tired quickly and got pretty poor service.

TBH we could have Messi up front at the moment and still fail to score. When he's properly fit and the midfield learn to pass, I think he will be a big player for us.

Yeah ive just said that in my last post m8, the service to him was non existant to be fair to Morrison, it's the last thing he wants big long balls like Beevers and Purse were lobbing up to him, he's not that sort of player.

He's looked a bit iffy, but it doesn't help like on Saturday when the defence were just hoofing it up to him. Michalik was so much taller he won every ball. We desperately needed Mellor on Saturday to ruffle their back four. Play the ball to Morrison's feet and he'll do well.

yes he has been poor so far but i'm not judging him just yet, he has had no pre season so will be very rusty. he showed what he can do with his first goal for us. he hasn't had much to work with aswell, long ball definately isn't his style

Ask that question at the end of the season Corker, tis waaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon. Give the man a chance to warm his boots up.

Ask that question at the end of the season Corker, tis waaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon. Give the man a chance to warm his boots up.

Oh i'll give him a chance, i just thought he would have showed a bit more than he has in the lowest league he has ever played in.

Oh i'll give him a chance, i just thought he would have showed a bit more than he has in the lowest league he has ever played in.

To be fair, he's not had much football over the summer and has already shown glimpses of what is to come in afew games already, but he does need time. I don't think we've got another Francis Jugears on our hands mate. :hihi:

To be fair, he's not had much football over the summer and has already shown glimpses of what is to come in afew games already, but he does need time. I don't think we've got another Francis Jugears on our hands mate. :hihi:

Oh i bloody hope not m8 :hihi:

Worse player on th pitch for Wednesday on Saturday was Spurr hes absolutly clueless was suppose to be a young talent hes terrible. Dont get me worng hes a trier but other than that has nothing else.