BBC who needs them

It should be remembered that if you support the BBC TV Licence then you automatically support poor and vulnerable members of this society being penalised financially, and criminalised.

You also support the BBC spying on people in their own homes, sending out frighteningly worded "prosecution warning" letters by the truck load, and the continuous harassment of non-BBC customers who don't own a television.

"It's all in the database"...

It should be remembered that if you support the BBC TV Licence then you automatically support poor and vulnerable members of this society being penalised financially, and criminalised.

You also support the BBC spying on people in their own homes, sending out frighteningly worded "prosecution warning" letters by the truck load, and the continuous harassment of non-BBC customers who don't own a television.

"It's all in the database"...

No you don't

I wonder what proportion of the prices of the goods and services I buy is used to pay for advertising. And I wonder if I could have all the advertising costs for channels and programmes I never watch rebated, how much would it be?

I'd rather save the money on my shopping and put it towards my license fee than vice versa.

Oh yes you do.
In your head maybe but in the real world no you don't.

Couldn't disagree more. For 39p a day I easily get my monies worth, and the BBC sets the standard that other broadcasters can only aspire to.

Long may it continue.

I agree :)

Couldn't disagree more. For 39p a day I easily get my monies worth, and the BBC sets the standard that other broadcasters can only aspire to.

Long may it continue.

It's interesting to read how the TV Licence cost is reduced to a daily fee, in order to make it sound much cheaper than its actual, significant, cost. Of course, in real life the BBC does not permit its customers to pay on a daily basis.

I next expect to read how the BBC is as important to the nation as the NHS - comparing a broadcaster of low grade 'entertainment' to the Health service!

The BBC is not long for this world, at least not in its current form...

BBC4 is pretty much becoming my default channel. theres always something on there thats interesting.

Same here; I love BBC4.

When F1 was on the advert channels, and they kept cutting away for advert breaks, that was always when some great overtaking manoeuvre, or crash would occur.

It was the same, and probably still is with Cricket, when they were trying to flog you a car or what ever, you miss Ponting being clean bowled or similar.

Commercial TV is for the feeble minded, who need to be told what to do, and when to do it.

I would rather have cricket back on BBC2 as it used to be, and get rid of crap like Eastenders and these silly reality shows.

Edited by artisan
addition.

And BBC4 - virtually nobody watches this expensive fringe channel that caters to a tiny section of the middle classes! Why should pensioners, the poor and the unemployed be forced to pay for entertainment that they never watch? But which benefits the arty farty set?

Is everybody who supports the BBC opposed to democracy?

And BBC4 - virtually nobody watches this expensive fringe channel that caters to a tiny section of the middle classes! Why should pensioners, the poor and the unemployed be forced to pay for entertainment that they never watch? But which benefits the arty farty set?

No, they just refuse to accept your assumptions.

Of course, not. I think the BBC is great and I like democracy too.