Sandygate motors

anyone remember sandygate motors i was theire 1989till 1999 mr stones firm but fair and the late peter lockwood im dave bolton fond memories

i was a driver for kennings on penistone road. went twice a day to there parts shed round back.

Mr Barker ran it in the 60's. His son Dave used to borrow one of the cars off the forecourt and take 3/4 of us to places like Lathkildale and Monsoldale. Fortunately he only had the odd shandy and was an excellent driver.

Used to live a short distance from them, and they did repairs on my cars (the bits I couldn't do myself) in the 60's and 70's

anyone remember sandygate motors i was theire 1989till 1999 mr stones firm but fair and the late peter lockwood im dave bolton fond memories

Hi there, i was at sandygate motors from 1971 to 1976. Good times. Mr Stones and his Dad. Peter Lockwood was manager and Dave Smith foreman. :cool I'm John Pyecroft.

Yes I worked there for a few months 1979 time, the pay was not very good so I left and went to Jack Marshall's chesterfield road.

yes i worked there too smashing place good boss's i worked in the body shop 1973 to 1991 a long time

I'm searching for photographs of Sandygate Motors, ideally one taken in the early 1950's but anything is welcome really.

If anyone could point me in the direction of one I'd be immensely grateful.

Hi Jodencroft.Tom Stones is still around although not in the best of health Peter Lockwood died a few years ago.Sandygate Motors was owned by J J Dysons for those who didnt know.

going back a bit, is dave bolton still around ????

My dad used to fill up with petrol (four star). There was an attendant who did it for you! Great service.

I bough my first NEW car from Sandygate Motors in 1983. A Silver MG Metro reg: A 370 WHE from a salesman called Neil Letherland. The mechanic was Eddie Marples. Had that car 9 years.