I am a crossdresser- are there any venues which will make me feel at home?

Better if you stay indoors.

Nothing personal.

Me and my dog think you are being deeply Unchristian .. if that is your attitude why do you even start posting stuff like that on here :rant::suspect:

Nice to see this thread being revived; just to say that the official time/place for Transgenders to meet up is 2nd and 4th Friday EVERY MONTH at DEMPSEYS BAR AND CLUB, 1, Hereford St. Moorfoot. You can also obtain free membership on the day that you first visit, so that you can get free admission up until 10pm.

The other main venue in the region which is very TS/TV friendly is I-CANDY at GROOVE (basement level of Beach Club) in the centre of Chesterfield, every Wednesday, from 10.30 until 3am.

Well done for the courage to be able to be honest and go out... I'm in a very similar situation... I have been crossdressing for a few years and I love it but I won't go out as I'm terrified.. I've been looking for places to go and feel like me and be happy... I've told some of my friends and they r great but it still scary... 

Im in doncaster and have found no groups or places to help me... I'm looking to find friends to help me and make me feel more confident... 

Has anyone got any ideas or ways I can overcome this fear... 

You could try Dempseys on the Moor Foot.

It seems a safe environment for all sorts of people and interests.

They may even have a cross-dressing night if you ask the staff.

I’m a cross dresser and have been since I can remember my sister dolling me up as a toddler. Always kept it a secret, other than some of my friends knowing, my mum finding out when I lived at my parents and more recently I told my wife, who didn’t take it well. I’ve been lucky enough for the pet 6/7 years to be a trailing, stay at home spouse as my wife has been an international teacher and I have been at home able to dress up and even go out from time to time (living in Vietnam and being 6 ft 2, nobody really says anything 🤣). I have my own clothes and heels, I don’t look female - more a bearded man in skimpy outfits. I’m moving back to Sheffield this summer and will a looking for like minded people to share my lifestyle with, would be great if you ladies would be up for that too. Maybe meet for coffees etc, chat about things, go shopping and take it from there…?

LGBT venues in Sheffield come and go, such as Queer Junction and The Box in the rapidly withering 'gay quarter', but there are still places like Dina venue on Fitzalan Square that are welcoming. In addition, the organisation Andro and Eve promote numerous events in different venues and they're completely welcoming for gender diverse people. 

On 22/01/2023 at 22:01, XLglitterbomb said:

I’m a cross dresser and have been since I can remember my sister dolling me up as a toddler. Always kept it a secret, other than some of my friends knowing, my mum finding out when I lived at my parents and more recently I told my wife, who didn’t take it well. I’ve been lucky enough for the pet 6/7 years to be a trailing, stay at home spouse as my wife has been an international teacher and I have been at home able to dress up and even go out from time to time (living in Vietnam and being 6 ft 2, nobody really says anything 🤣). I have my own clothes and heels, I don’t look female - more a bearded man in skimpy outfits. I’m moving back to Sheffield this summer and will a looking for like minded people to share my lifestyle with, would be great if you ladies would be up for that too. Maybe meet for coffees etc, chat about things, go shopping and take it from there…?

Glad you're back Halibut. 

• Haha 1