I am a crossdresser- are there any venues which will make me feel at home?

Hi.

I have been looking for sites/forums were I can meet other cross dressers but not much luck so far, but it's only been a few days, and I guess kepping myself hidden from the world hasnt haleped, but im changing that now. If any other CD's want to PM me please do, I would love to make new friends with people I can feel comfortable with, and be myself around.

I have still not found the courage to tell some people, such as my dad for example. I dont know why as I dont live at home so I have my own life. Maybe it's becaue we have had and still got such a good father son relationship I dont want to ruin it?

I would probably have a visit to Dempseys when I find some new freinds to go with :) At the moment some of my mates still have thier heads in blocks of ice after I told them haha!

:love:

This is my first post and it has taken a lot of courage for me to do this. I hope I dont offend anyone and have posted in the correct section.

I have been crossdressing for over 12 years but in private and behind closed doors as I have been afraid of what people would say or think about me if they found out.

I have discovered that I no longer wish to hide who I am anymore and to be open, upfront and honest about who I am to my family and friends. I am not thinking it's gonna be eay for people to accept, and some people will take longer to adjust to who I am. I hope though that people can learn to live with my decision if they agree or not, and I guess this is were I find out who my true friends really are?

When I wear feminin clothes, I feel free, open, relaxed and very comfortable, I dont feel restricted like I do when wearing mens clothes. Being able to express myself for who I really am takes so much preasure and stress off my mind. All day I go to work and wear a suit, and I really dont like it at all. When I get home and change, and then sit down I feel so free. Its difficult to explain but I feel more happy with myself.

Are there any clubs or bars in Sheffield were cross dressers can go and feel safe and meet other cross dressers or transvestites?

Bramall Lane every other Saturday around 3pm :love:

I dont live far from Bramhall Lane.....but dont think ill go there during match days dressed up thanx! haha!

Club Xes have a Les Femme`s night every Friday for cross dressers/transvestites, they did have this once a month, but information from Xes tells me it is now every Friday. I am hoping to get more info from the organiser soon.

I am surprised our resident "transvestite/sort of drag queen" Tyranna hasn`t been on this thread.

Hey im the same & would love a 1 to 1 satin n silk experience for the 1st time .

Get bck

Hmm

XxX

A number of off topic posts removed. Please keep it on topic.

theres no point being a cross dresser. you should be a happy one lol and not be vexed. lol

seriously good on you ,, lets hope you feel free and happy whereever you decide to be..if other people have a problem with it.. then tough lol

Thanx pisces, and good joke! lol!

There have been some poeple who have a problem with it, but thats there problem and it doesnt effect or bother me, I have found out who my true freinds really are as well. Some friends and family I have not told......but thats only coz I dont wanna upset them or make them think less of me as I have a good relationship or friendship with them and dont want to spoil it, but one day I will tell them. Its a catch 22 type of thing at times. Made the window cleaner blush when he was doing the windows and thought I was an ACTUAL woman haha!

Hi all!!

First of all, congrats xxleannexx! you know, I think i'm in a pretty similar situation to yours... and i would just like to take the opportunity to express my desire to go out for the first time in full feminine attire.

I know exactly whay you mean when you said that you were shaking and very nervous when you went out, i've actually done that but just outside of my flat LOL! and that was enough to get me really excited!

Anyway, since I'm new to both the forum and the city of Sheffield itself!, I don't have any friends with whom to share this side of mine. I'd love it if I could meet someone who helps me go out dressed as a woman...

Are there any clubs or bars in Sheffield were cross dressers can go and feel safe and meet other cross dressers or transvestites?

Well, people have been asking after me and now here I am, to add my advice to this thread.

LES FEMMES, is Sheffield's regular Transgender Night, at Club Xes (195 Carlisle St.) every Friday (Except First Friday of the month, although many trannies also do go then).

Most of the trannies arrive before 11pm and normally have left by 2am, although some such as me stay longer; the club is open until 6am on Friday nights.

Numbers of Trannies (both TV and TS) are generally up and down from week to week, from as little as 5 to over a dozen; last Friday 24 Sept. there were at least a dozen there; it tends to pick up once you get into autumn. Do drop in soon, Leanne, and I will be happy to introduce you to any of the regulars there; the two people who we should thank for keeping Les Femmes going strong over the last few years are Diane and her real female partner Robyn; they tend to arrive early and leave early, but if you come early, I can introduce you to them.

Even for those who live outside Sheffield, e.g in Wakefield or Doncaster Les Femmes is really worth a visit; it is one of the very largest regular Tranny gatherings outside London. I have frequently met trannies there from as far afield as Edinburgh, Newcastle, London, and even Germany. FYI if going out dressed in Wakefield, the Rainbow gay pub is the friendliest venue in my experience, as sadly, I have had to make a complaint against the New Union following a transphobic incident from one of the people there, so avoid.:rant:

From time to time Les Femmes and the very friendly managers at Club Xes have encouraged the occasional special attraction for trannies, such as a monthly stall run by someone selling wigs, makeup, shoes, etc; although there hasnt been one now for around a year; hopefully we may be able to get this going again; other 'special' things to look out for are occasional buffets for peoples' birthdays, and even occasional Fridays with live entertainment, such as for fundraisers.

Finally, I spoke to Diane and Robyn about organising a Les Femmes Christmas Dinner, at a local restaurant in town, at around 7-10pm on a Friday near Christmas. Diane and Robyn are happy for me to look into this; does anyone know of any particular restaurant which they would recommend? All TV's, TS's and friends and partners would be welcome, and the current idea is to book a block of tables for an approximate number of people, and to order and pay as per individual/couple/group for meals & drinks on the night rather than collect any advance fees for booking. As the dinner would be on a Friday, this would allow us to go onto Club Xes straight afterwards; it would also allow those of us who are working to finish early on Friday to get ready and stay out late if desired.:love: