Acer apire one antivirusGT problems

clicked start task manager asked for password then went back to the safe mode screen

I tried to do that yesterday but it would not run gt kept stopping it i dare not put the flash drive back into this laptop to try and download it again incase the flash drive now has a virus i dont want it on this laptop

Sorry it took so long I've got a sick granddaughter at home from nursery

What you need to do is d/l Malwarebyres into the other PC and run it

put in the Flash drive then run it again if it is on the flash drive it will recognise it and deal with it

Then put Malwarebytes onto the Flash drive and copy it over then run it

Here are what you need to do to remove it

http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/07/05/how-to-remove-antivirusgt-or-antivirus-gt-uninstall-instructions/

use the other pc to look at it then follow instructions it is very simple

ok sorry about your grand daughter hope shes better soon will try this probs take me ages but will let you know what happens asap thanks for all your help

downloading malwarebytes onto my other laptop wont affect my antivirus kapersky will it just want to know before i start

Malwarebytes is ok to use alongside kaspersky. AntivirusGT can't spread via USB drives neither.

so krapersky didn't pick it up? suprise suprise. In safe mode, ctrl+alt+delete, run task manager then you can run exploere.exe from there to get your menu back.

Thats good to know thanks. Ok you are going to think i am mad sorry but i have put the malwarebytes onto the flash drive and put it in the other notepad but because i can not get windows up i have booted it into dos now to run the flashdrive what do i type in d:/run ? bit scared now

DeathAxe no sorry kaspersky is on my other laptop thanks for your advice i will try that

This is a bit worrying in task manager dont seem to have explorer.exe tried to run it but it said it did not exist cant see it on the processes screen either could this bloomin GT thing have done something to it cos it was there yesterday is there any way i can get it back help

yes i can boot in safe mode with command prompt just doing that now

no as there is no cd drve in the notepad think i did back ups onto a flash drive when it was installed but would have to have a good look for it