Acer apire one antivirusGT problems

Hi have an acer notepad aspire one. Unfortunately the antivirus software ran out and a friend used the notepad. I now seem to have antivirusGT that is stopping any programs running. I have tried to get into windows defender but it wont let me turn it on something to do with group policy? I tried to do a system restore I dont know if it worked but now the problem is when I turn it on I get to the log in page i log on and it says welcome but then nothing happens and i just get a blank screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou in advance

Please keep it simple

Press F8 when you turn it on, go to safe mode with networking.

Download (if it will let you) Malwarebytes.

Run it, and it should clear it off.

Pressed F8 and went on to safe mode with networking brings up the log in screen log on it goes through the welcome screen the i get a dark blue screen which says safe mode in all four corners and at the top Microsoft ® Windows ® (Build6001:service Pack 1) and now i dont know what to do

Pressed F8 and went on to safe mode with networking brings up the log in screen log on it goes through the welcome screen the i get a dark blue screen which says safe mode in all four corners and at the top Microsoft ® Windows ® (Build6001:service Pack 1) and now i dont know what to do

Try to connect to internet would be a good start then d/l Malwarebytes

sorry your dealing with a dumb one here as i only have a blank screen with the what i said on my last post on it how do i connect to the internet please help

looks like i am connected to the internet as the light is on but how do i open explorer from this screen

sorry your dealing with a dumb one here as i only have a blank screen with the what i said on my last post on it how do i connect to the internet please help

No need to apologise it was my fault for not reading your post correctly I took it for granted you had the normal black screen not blank

It looks like it has got a good hold can you get another pc to d/l malwarebytes then copy it over

I tried to do that yesterday but it would not run gt kept stopping it i dare not put the flash drive back into this laptop to try and download it again incase the flash drive now has a virus i dont want it on this laptop

looks like i am connected to the internet as the light is on but how do i open explorer from this screen

Do you have the start menu at the bottom of the screen if so can you open it then click on Internet Explorer?

put the flash drive back in the notepad with the malware stuff on it and nothing is happening

no i dont have the start at the bottom just says safe mode in all four corners and blank

if i do a cntrl alt del it goes out of that screen and gives me a windows vista page with options of lock this computer-switch user-log off-change password-start task manager could i do anything with task manager?