Petrol - prices, protests and panic

Some gas stations in one State here got together and trippled their prices overnight, NOT GAUGING either, it's to make people stop buying it ...... even the station owners are trying to boycot the gas prices.

Holiday weekend comming up here, people are having second thoughts on traveling now, so maybe the gas hike is working.

BBC News this morning said that prices in Europe have gone up because the US are making bulk purchases of our fuel and we have sent a lot in emergency aid.

but oil prices - for the raw stuff - have fallen by more than a $ a barrel today...

I drove past the petrol station on eccelsall road this morning and the price was 94.4 ,I came past it tonight and it was 99 a litre.

I dont know how they can justify it going up 5 p a litre in the space of 6 hours,its a rip off.

How much longer before we have blockades and protests again?

Anyone want to start a convoy?

Originally posted by royjames

For those interested take a look on the BNP website,there is a section called peak oil its very informative,read it and then tell us what you think?

:loopy:

Was tempted but i won't bite

I guess the prices are going to stay up for a while longer, maybe they will get even higher, maybe for months - thank goodness I have a small engined car! But if fuel protests started up right now it would be wrong - there's a reason why the prices are up and that's because the US are running low on fuel. Lets just hope they knock those prices down again in a few months. :rolleyes:

And diesel too. 99.9p ltr.

One of those little private hillbilly garages enroute to Skegvegas via Louth & Cadeby etc.

Probably have to squeel like a pig too while Cletus fills you up.

99.9pltr! :o Barstewards!

Those price rises are now sneaking up from behind and leaping at us. Reckon it is a covert operation so we are all paying for the increase before anyone knows what is ahppening.

Remember what happened the last time there was a big price rise at the pumps? Funnily enough I don't either. But the point is - refuse to use those stations and find one that is cheaper. Me - I am going to cut two holes in the floor and do a flintstones.

Dragon