Electric shock from tram tracks?

Surely the rail is grounded? How would the current flow through Rachel's foot..? Genuine question

That was my thought, also.

I once got a static shock off the bronze statues in Meadowhall

I once got a static shock off the bronze statues in Meadowhall

I always get static shocks in Meadowhall, especially in Debenhams... Evil place :hihi:

Escalators are deadly and as soon as i touch the sides , they give me a good loud crack

Shopping trolleys for me! They hurt like hell!

Possible it could have been the points, doubt it though, it's more than likely just going to have been a static shock. The points are changed as someone said with a transponder, a little white box under the tram makes them detectable and then it's changed. But they're also able to do them with a button, like on the crossover on park square, that is done by the driver using the signals as far as I'm aware anyway, all I know is it can be done!

No current going through the tracks, it's grounded, and so it only leaves static shock ;)

Today i had a small but painful electric shock while crossing tram tracks in town, I just wounded if anyone else has experienced this??

not a shock off track you would have a burn

It sounds more likely to be a vibration from the passing tram.....you can't get a shock off the tram tracks for the reasons already stated.

Shopping trolleys for me! They hurt like hell!

I'm glad you've posted that, because the trolleys in Morrisons at Hillsborough are always giving me a nasty shock, yet the trolleys in their other stores are fine....Strange.

Regards

Doom

BJR Bloomers anyone!

Nah,I think it's nylon ones that are causing this... :D