How can I GAIN weight - and not by eating donuts

sorry, been at work and didn't have any to check. The ingredients are all listed on the website http://www.complanfoods.com/nutrition.php - doesn't really mean much to me!

I found them really helpful though, I eat loads anyway but never really gain any weight, but having them inbetween meals helped me get back up to the 8st mark, which I seem to be maintaining *fingers crossed*

Know what you mean about it being frustrating, as soon I go under 7 and a half, I look gaunt and I HATE it! I'm pretty pleased now though, I seem to have filled out a bit and feel loads better for it

good luck!

I know, most people have 'fat days' but we have 'thin days'. Equally as rubbish! Did it take you a couple of weeks to put it back on?

This site may help you http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk it's cheap to be a member, you do get a free 24 hour trial. The idea is to know exactly what you are eating in terms of nutrition etc, this way you can increase your weight healthily without eating crap your body doesn't need.

This site may help you http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk it's cheap to be a member, you do get a free 24 hour trial. The idea is to know exactly what you are eating in terms of nutrition etc, this way you can increase your weight healthily without eating crap your body doesn't need.

I love that site, unfortunately for me I have not quite got it right :hihi: I loose about two stone in the winter when listing my food, then I stop and go back to eating whatever I want for the rest of the year and put it back on :lol:

I have done this for the last 4 years now :rolleyes: It is most likely not good for me but I don't mind the loosing part too much nor the putting on bit, it means I never get too hefty!

Do have a look at the Alkalizing diet. The principle is that you balance your body's chemistry and will gain or put on weight dependent on your condition. Its beneficial for a whole host of conditions - but not for the faint-hearted as it takes a lot of discipline and, usually, a radical change to what, and how, you eat!

I am only 7st 3 and thats the heaviest I've ever been too. I find drinking full fat milk, adding cheese to almost everything and eating chocolate puts weight on

I find walking past a cake shop normally does it for me. But have u tried any of the herbal shops they may have weight gain supplements, failing that I agree with the others about complan

This thread is making me cringe!

The same advice goes for putting weight on as losing it - there are no quick fixes!

Eating fat for the sake of it isn't going to do your body any good

Exercise isn't about losing weight if you're under weight - it's well known to INCREASE appetite, help you to relax, and turn calories into muscle. Even a good brisk walk will help (the fresh air does you more good than an air conditioned gym)

Sheesh - for a 'healthy living group', there is some damned bad 'advice' posted here :suspect:

When I started training in pro wrestling I started a diet to gain two stone.

Every diet is different, and you should consult a Doctor or nutritianist before starting any diet, but I'll tell you roughly what mine entailed (I wanted to gain weight but not excess fat - although any weight gain will involve some fat).

I had a baguel as soon as I woke up, six weetabix with full fat milk for breakfast, then throughout the day a total of four tablespoons of peanut butter, four eggs, two portions of peanuts, two bananas, a tablespoon of olive oil, a normal dinner and a tub of cottage cheese before bed.

I must repeat that everyone is different and I am not giving you a diet, just an idea of good foods for weight gain, in addition I had protein and carb shakes before hitting the gym - but these are supplements, NOT meal replacements.

Excercise is good for weight gain too, depending on goal their are excercises for both weight gain as well as weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat so even modertae toning excercises will increase weight.

I think the two most important things to remember are you are different to person 'x', so you will need a diet/excercise sculpted specifically for you, and stay away from 'fads' or self proclaimed 'experts', the best place to go is your Doctor, failing that a combination of reputable dietician/personal trainer will help, but check out their credentials before using them.

I hope that was helpful.

For the most part, I would agree with PaliRichard and his post except for going to the doctors. Doctors know very little about nutrition, they are the last people you should go to. They'll probably prescribe a pill for you to put on the weight, knowing how they work. Unless, of course the doctor is holistic and promotes "natural" and organic way of living, but I highly doubt there are many doctors out there who are promoting this way of living. Most fall in the mainstream, pharmaceutical payroll, prescribing a pill for very ill.

Being a nutrition expert, a personal trainer and fitness competitor. I don't like to give generic fitness and nutrition advice because everybody's body and nutrition type is different. Not to mention, there is very little detail about your lifestyle and the cause of the stress to properly access the problem. You have specific problem, you need to go to a specific person with specific knowledge of your problem to find the solution. Going to forum to ask for some direction is a start, but none of the folks are nutritionist or people in the health or fitness profession. So, obviously you have to consider your sources.

I can give you some advice and tips, since I happen to be educated in that field, you can contact me at [email protected]

With respect asianmouse I would like to pick up on a couple of your points.

First of all, Doctor's should be consulted before a change in diet because many people have underlying conditions that may prevent them from starting a new lifestyle direction. Nutritionalists alone may not pick up on such conditions.

Secondly you seem to be of the opinion that holistic practicioners have a) more knowledge and b) better ethics than main stream Doctors. While I respect holistic and alternative practicioners (two very close friends perform various holistic techniques) I think its a little unfair to suggest that 'Unless, of course the doctor is holistic and promotes "natural" and organic way of living' they are somehow inferior.

I have come across many mainstream Doctors who are, as you imply, working on behalf of the drug companies but I have come across many more who ate genuinely caring, compassionate and knowledgeable regarding their patients.

Likewise I have had more than one run on with phony holistic practicioners who either try to scam, or on my opinion much worse, genuinely believe in their skills when in fact they possess none whatsoever. You see in all fields there are good and bad, and to say X group of people is generically bad to me shows a lack of understanding.

Lastly, while I am by no means casting doubt on your personal knowledge or skills the very fact that you follow 'Going to forum to ask for some direction is a start, but none of the folks are nutritionist or people in the health or fitness profession' with 'I can give you some advice and tips, since I happen to be educated in that field' strikes me as a little curious.

If the poster wishes to ask you for advice (let me stress I am not commenting on your ability, just the seemingly one sided nature of your post) I would suggest that she ask for some professional credentials from you, and if you are genuine I would think you would be more than happy to provide verifiable certification to anyone who may be interested in taking your advice.

To end, let me just stress that I am not being personal or casting doubt on asianmouse as a practicioner, just looking out for forum users in a field that I myself have a reasonable amount of knowledge in but that is renowned for its cowboys.

I really don;t want to take those protein shakes, they are gross!

They won't help either, you won't use protein that you don't need.

I'd suggest going against your gut feeling and doing a bit of exercise, you'll find that it stimulates your appetite.