Old school friends from hinde house or hucklow road

Originally posted by ozgirl

hi mijco

the christine downs I knew lived on herries road oppisite the hospital but I remember walt humphries and eileen hutson I wonder if we were atcually at school together

i ozgirl i think i got the wrong christine the christine i was thinking about was christine broad if you remember eileen,& walt you may remember a lad called jimmy loukes& my brother chris evans they were all at huck about the same time.

Hi Mijco

remember the loukes family jimmy had two sisters if I remember rightly Linda and can't remember the other girl chris evans doesn't ring abell though

Hi Mijco

remember the loukes family jimmy had two sisters if I remember rightly Linda and can't remember the other girl chris evans doesn't ring abell though

i ozgirl i still knockabout with jim,is other sister was carol,also brother called david, i will be with jim christmas day in the wharncliffe hotel firth park

Hi Mijco

I spent some happy hours in Wharncliffe when I lived on lilac road just off windmill lane that was when I was still married I left there when I left my husband in 1979. Didn't know that jim had another brother I think Carol went to school with me my name then was Pauline Newton I lived on Calder Way just behind hucklow road school

Hi Mijco

I spent some happy hours in Wharncliffe when I lived on lilac road just off windmill lane that was when I was still married I left there when I left my husband in 1979. Didn't know that jim had another brother I think Carol went to school with me my name then was Pauline Newton I lived on Calder Way just b

ehind hucklow road school

hi ozgirl talked to jim loukes & my even younger brother richard evans and they remember christine try to find some more out later

Edited by nikki-red

does anyone have any information on my old school friends denise marshall,elizabeth lill, christine downs we all went to school together would love to hear from any of them or anyone who went to these schools between 1955 to 1963 at hucklow road 1963 to 1966 at hinde house my name is pauline newton

Hi Pauline, Its Christine Downs here, I've been trying to locate same poeple you have, hope this finds you, are you still in WA? I am in Tasmania been here since 1986, in Australia since 1973. Please get in touch. Chris

My wife went to Hucklow school, and spent many hours in the Wharncliffe she had to as she used to live their many years ago. (Margaret Gandy)

My wife went to Hucklow school, and spent many hours in the Wharncliffe she had to as she used to live their many years ago. (Margaret Gandy)

sorry alligin i dont know your wife only margaret i knew was a margaret griffith that lived on firvale road.

i ozgirl i think i got the wrong christine the christine i was thinking about was christine broad if you remember eileen,& walt you may remember a lad called jimmy loukes& my brother chris evans they were all at huck about the same time.

Is that the Christopher Evans who was blonde and lived on The Oval. I sat next to him at Hucklow Road. He nipped my arm. I also remember Elizabeth Duckenfield and Janet Cooper. Elizabeth had long plaits down to her waist. I was there from 57 to 64. Denise Nichols. Did Pauline Newton have red hair?

hi all well this is a topic not thats not been up for a few years so i thought i would let you all know there is a shiregreen schooll flower esate facebook group come and join we are having a fab time remembering.

http://www.facebook.com/messages/?action=read&tid=Kk8hHpRpVza2dpMOFbVEAw#!/groups/193103510762005/

Hi Ozgirl I went to Hucklow road school from about 1961 - 1966 I remember Mr Bradley and his orchestra I only joined as I had a crush on a girl who was in the orchestra if I remember correctly her name was Jane Beeston and she played a clarinet.We lived on Idsworth Road.Do you remember playing rounders in the upper playground.I have since moved from Sheffield and now live in Essex.My name is Paul Berry

i ozgirl i went to huck same time&hinde house remember the name christine downs,i left hinde house about 65-66 spent all summer at longley baths befor starting work names jim evans p/s there was abig lad called joe was in same year i heard he went to oz but i heard that he died in an accident in is late teens or early 20s used to see mac &paul davis in firthpark wmc in 90s ,at hindehouse there were 4 houses,sorby was yellow,then there was red, blue,&green iwas in blue ithink it was brearly,then we use to have a,b,c,&d classes

Hunter was Red Brearley was blue and Chantrey was green that was the house I was in. Sorby used to win all the sports days and footy matches as I recall.