The old Grindstone Crookes

Complete conjecture on my part but maybe TN have the capital to buy it but Stancill don't, and have come to some arrangement re: how the pub will be run.

The Old Grindstone has now re-opened.

It now serves Stancil beers at £2 80  or £2 50 with CAMRA card.

I called in last week. It's improved a lot. The beer I had (Stancil golden pale ale of some sort) was OK and £2.80 is a sensible price.

Called in  a few times in the last few weeks, beers good, food good. Plenty of people in (week nights) which is not a bad sign, friendly staff. 

On 14/02/2019 at 10:15, belperite said:

Complete conjecture on my part but maybe TN have the capital to buy it but Stancill don't, and have come to some arrangement re: how the pub will be run.

Looks like you got it bang on, if you read the Punchbowl thread there is an article about the Crookes acquisitions. Apparently Stancil are just a temporary tenant whilst the pub gets back on its feet and then TN will put more of their stamp on it.

On 02/09/2019 at 14:02, Annie Bynnol said:

In trouble again? Went Sunday night-Closed!

It's a shame,was in the closed shop who are Stencil too and it was busy,think Grindstone needs a good manager,last time I was in there was no chef so no food.

Edited by Amt239

They were advertising for a new manager a few days ago.

Was open Friday, but very few customers ...

Looked shut when we passed on Saturday night. Must be close to a record for the shortest-lived pub resurrection!

Guest makapaka

Stancil also took on the Norfolk arms at grenoside which closed after a short while.