TW Wards- Anyone there from 50's

Anyone around who worked in TWWard in the 50's. I worked in Scrap Dept along with mates Brian Stacy, Vic Jaques and more.

Also Bill Knox (Deceased), Geoff Palfreyman, Alf Johnson, Mumby, and Brian Clayton.

dont forget george smith, transport maneger / harold jelous [ driver ] [ les hutchinson low loader driver, horrice in metal stores, lots more but cant rember there names, i rember the canteen though lovely grub.

Also Bill Knox (Deceased), Geoff Palfreyman, Alf Johnson, Mumby, and Brian Clayton.

Remember all those well, also couple of girls - think one called Gill (or Jill) and another cannot remember name who used to see one of the SWFC players around that time.

Two of my relations - Arthur Bateman and Jim Gill - retired from Wards in the 50's having spent all their working lives there. One was the cashier and the other was in the wages department. One was a huge cricket fan, the other was a devoted football follower.

I doubt if anyone remembers either of them.

My Dad's best friend & my "Uncle Ted" Busby - a rep at T W Ward's - anyone remember Ted?

dont forget george smith, transport maneger / harold jelous [ driver ] [ les hutchinson low loader driver, horrice in metal stores, lots more but cant rember there names, i rember the canteen though lovely grub.

I remember all these you have mentioned as I was an HGV driver for TWW at about 1967 I think , I always remember one of the drivers was nicknamed THE MILKYBAR KID but cannot for the life of me remember his real name all I know is he came from Sunnyside,Rotherham . My name is Mick Ward (no relation to TWW I might add ). My brother Trevor (now deceased) also worked there . These were great times as we went arround the country where they (Eagers of Scunthorpe) were taking up the disused railway lines and we would take them to a local railway yard tipping dock so the scrap could be moved by rail to the steel works back in Sheffield !

I worked in ketton cement at the albion works in the 80`s,ted busby was a rep then,a fantastic fella.

there was a driver called tommy ward, around 1967,8 worked out of girder shop at templebrough, any relation mick ?

No I don't know him ! I had a mate who worked out of templeborough but on plant maintainance about then called Neil Bradshaw but sadly now deceased !

There was a George Barry Palfreyman who worked as a rep for them, played for Sheffield FC till he moved to Sutton Coldfield. He died 2009