Yewlands Technology College

Is this the same school that was called Yew Lane?

Its a horrible school, the head is useless there is very little support for pupils with problems 2 of my brothers went there after me they have got adhd and they made very little effort with them all yewlands care about are star pupils who will fetch high grades. Some teachers are very nice though

I couldn't agree more with this post. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I would not have sent my kids there knowing what I know now. Be prepared to be an active parent involved with your childs education if you send them there.

The facilities and building is second to none it's a shame the same can't be said for the management and some of the teaching there.

one of my brothers with adhd got expelled, chaucer took him straight away and the support there was the best ive seen from a school a million % better than yewlands.

Edited by lee-jowle
spelling error

I think it depends on the support provided.

Edited by Evei

Be prepared to be an active parent involved with your childs education if you send them there.

Shouldn't you be an active parent involved in their education anyway?

I agree with Lee Jowel, if your kids have special needs you will get very little help from the school. They refused to teach my child but kept all the money for his special needs. I ended up teaching my child at home.

Shouldn't you be an active parent involved in their education anyway?

You'd think....

Be prepared to be an active parent involved with your childs education if you send them there.

Being an active parent is the more important than anything else when determining how well children do at school. Schools can only do so much without parental support.

Yewlands out classes Chaucer full stop. Chaucer is very sloppy on uniform and the zero tollerance Yewlands have shows in many other aspects in and out of school.

I was so worried about my eldest going to Yewlands, 2 years ago, (Chaucer was never an option, personally) but Ecclesfield was my first choice, I spoke to the headteacher at her junior school about my worries, he told me to give it a chance, a lot had changed along with the new uniform 4 years ago. Im so so glad I did, excellent school, excellent ofstead report, smart pupils and a deffinate recommendation from me!

In my opinion, the only parents unhappy with the way Yewlands is run, are the ones who have little discipline in the home. Its a school, not Butlins.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I would not have sent my kids there knowing what I know now. Be prepared to be an active parent involved with your childs education if you send them there.

Why the hell, would you not, be actively involved with your childs education at any school they attend. Its your job as a parent/carer :huh:

In my opinion, the only parents unhappy with the way Yewlands is run, are the ones who have little discipline in the home. Its a school, not Butlins.

i can tell you know there is discapline in my parents home adhd is a condition not something my brothers choose to be like i can tell everyone about a lot of things like why the buildings manager got sacked etc

Edited by lee-jowle

i can tell you know there is discapline in my parents home adhd is a condition not something my brothers choose to be like i can tell everyone about a lot of things like why the buildings manager got sacked etc

I wasnt meaning your family, you already stated your brother has special needs, thats a different issue to discipline and one I dont have first had experience of, therefore I cannot judge your brother's situation lee-jowle. Im on about families who couldnt careless and expect school to do all the work with their kids and then complain :loopy: