Are dads needed or are they an optional extra?

Thank goodness for responsible stepdads.

Perhaps the thread should be about is a father figure an optional extra. .

dads are needed to buy a house a new car and pay for holidays.

once the kids are teenagers dads are kicked out as they are no longer needed the wife keeps the house,car moves a younger bloke in and you pay stupid amounts of money every month for the pleasure.

oh and you have the kids every weekend so the ex can go out and have a ball. :)

sometimes the truth hurts. :)

Why do you have to have the kids, is that law or something?

Just say you dont want to.

can i ask why you had a kid with this guy?

You don't know how many times I've asked myself that question. The nearest answer I can give myself is that love is blind...........

Perhaps the thread should be about is a father figure an optional extra. .

In that case the answer is no. A father figure should be compulsary.

Edited by chimay

You don't know how many times I've asked myself that question. The nearest answer I can give myself is that love is blind...........

yea same here:roll:

plenty warned me, i think i even knew.

yea same here:roll:

plenty warned me, i think i even knew.

and the contraceptives failed..................:o

It’s a sad reflection on todays family life that the question even needs to be asked.

I fully agree. A father figure is key in a child's development, the fact that the men who father children don't wish to be part of their child's upbringing is their loss and a disservice to their child.

I'll get flamed to Hell for this but I'm of the firm opinion that one person raising a child is second best to a balanced partnership raising them. The kid needs that interaction, guidance, stability & grounding to have a reasonable upbringing.

and the contraceptives failed..................:o

ah, :| it happens.

another interesting point is stepdads, hard to know what to say. raw deal or ace deal?

I fully agree. A father figure is key in a child's development, the fact that the men who father children don't wish to be part of their child's upbringing is their loss and a disservice to their child.

I'll get flamed to Hell for this but I'm of the firm opinion that one person raising a child is second best to a balanced partnership raising them. The kid needs that interaction, guidance, stability & grounding to have a reasonable upbringing.

so why a system that says otherwise?

ah, :| it happens.

another interesting point is stepdads, hard to know what to say. raw deal or ace deal?

My son's step dad is an ace stepdad. He's been a stepdad for 18 years. When my son gratuated in July all three of his parents attended the ceremony. My son chose to have his step dad on his official graduation photographs.

What system would that be?

all of them, but the family court system was what i was thinking of at the time.