Upcoming Gigs to Look out For

Originally posted by 40summat

No it's John payne, and Chris slade has left too, on the up side though they've been getting the best live reviews ever over in the states.

I can remember Wetton in an early Heep line-up at the Manchester apollo, then on the next tour he'd been replaced.

mind you there's time for ten changes before november for heep the way they go through band members

ive just sold 5 asia albums for a tenner including postage..hmph lol

ive seen asia live and was good (just the albums that are not that impressive).... hopefully guthrie govan (gowan) is still on guitars..the guy is a genius.

enjoy!

What about Dio at the Union - it's years since I saw him. Are they any good these days?

If you like the 80's then why not catch Go West at The Doncaster Dome on 23 September?

They are supported by Boy on a Dolphin

Originally posted by metalman

What about Dio at the Union - it's years since I saw him. Are they any good these days?

still a fantastic singer!!! not sure who he has playing with him nowadays as david coverdale (whitesnake) kept nicking all his band lol.

shud be well worth seeing id imagine...im not the biggest fan of his solo stuff (a few tracks are amazing thou)

ROCK N ROLL CHILDREN :cool:

Dio these days are simon wright, scott warren, rudy sarzo,and craig goldy (who isn't a patch on viv campbell)

I haven't seen them for donkeys.

HOLY DIVER :headbang:

is there an updated shows to look out for anywhere?

after moaning about no one decent playing round here it all seems to have gone a bit crazy. There are loads of gigs to look out for.

At the Room tomorrow you have Stephen Fretwell and Liam Frost

Plug/Zero have gigs by The Editors, Arctic Monkeys, The divine Martha Wainwright (wonders which of his friends he can talk into going to that :confused: ), Ladytron, Four Tet/Explosions in the Sky.

The Leadmill has Keren Ann and The Subways

Union has KT Tunstall and The Ordinary Boys

Fuzz club has 65 days of Static and Clor

Montgomery Theatre has Laura Cantrell and Sufjan Stevens

add to this several gigs by Sheffields own Bromheads Jacket, Stoney, Milburn, Little Man Tate, Battle, The Wanted and The Harrisons

it is pretty much buzzing at the moment.

You got me all excited that clor where back untill i looked at the date :-(

There is no mention of the KT Tunstall gig on her website or the union website.

There is no mention of the KT Tunstall gig on her website or the union website.

That's because if you had checked the date of the original post you would have seen it's form 2005. I wish the Arctic Monkeys were playing Plug though wish I had seen Editors there too. I saw them at Oxegen last month and they were quality, would have been great in a small venue.

That's because if you had checked the date of the original post you would have seen it's form 2005. I wish the Arctic Monkeys were playing Plug though wish I had seen Editors there too. I saw them at Oxegen last month and they were quality, would have been great in a small venue.

Oops. I tend not to check the date of all posts I read especially if they're marked as having new messages though.

I remember seeing the Arctics at the Plug. Bloody fantastic! :) xx