Extra quiet on Sheffield roads this morning?

I'm not known for my enthusiasm for shopping, especially on a Saturday morning (so I rarely do it)

Anyway, I set off from Greystones at 10.40 this morning, went to Meadowhall Retail Park via Bramall Lane/Bernard Rd, mooched over to Currys for a quick look, mooched over to PC World to pick up a pre ordered item.

Decided to get the best fish and chips in Sheffield for a family lunch from The Admiral at Crookes, went via Shalesmoor and the 'uni roundabout' got their too early, killed time in the grassy area near the cemetary and read the instructions for my new purchase.

Parked up down the road from the Admiral, bought Fish & Chips, back to Greystones via Tapton Crescent Rd/Shore lane.

Total time from start to finish 1 hour 16 minutes.

Is it normally this quiet in Sheffield on a Saturday morning?

It was a lot quieter than usual I agree, I thought it was Sunday at one point! I was a ahead of myself all day, took me under 15 mins to get from S14 to Stannington, usually takes a good half hour even on a saturday.

How odd. I work in Sheffield during the week but go back to Bristol at the weekend and the wife and I noticed it was quiet in Bristol today.

Must be something to with back to school-itis or longest period between paydays so people saving up?

it may have been quieter than usual, but to be honest, i'm not sure it's ever busy in the town in the AM.... the few weekends i have had cause to go into the city early, i have been staggered by the complete absence of any people!

can only assume that people work so hard during the week, the city has a collective lay in of a saturday.... :D

Pffft - So your saying Saturday mornings actually exist then?

I bet you still believe in Santa and garden fairies too don't ya!