Could i have septicaemia?

I have been uite unwell the last 2-3 days, I have been feeling tired all the, getting sweats, having a bit of a temperature, feeling sick all the time,

abdominal pain, feeling lethargic and generally unwell, I went to the walk in centre yesterday to see a doctor about my abdominal pain, My stomach was examined and my pulse was taken. For some reason I'm worried that I might have Septicaemia would the doctor have noticed yesterday that I had it if i had it? Can tooth decay cause it? I have a couple of dodgy teeth and was wondering whether bacteria from that could get into my bloodstream? I guess what i really want to know is if I had Septicaema would something have happened by now? As its been 2-3 days.

why are you asking a forum at this time of night? :shocked:

phone nhs direct on 08454647

(yes, I know it doesn't look like a full number)

Just wondered if anyone had experienced it or knows whether things like tooth decay can cause it. I rang NHS Direct around 8.30 saying I had a slight temperture and felt tired all the time and lethargic plus that I had abdominal pain and felt unwell. They told me to tke Paracetamol and take fluids which I have done.

did you google for it?

you can guarantee that somebody on a forum will know a friend who's son in law's mum died of it, so I'd stick with the medical profession for advice ;)

The odds against this being septicaemia are so huge as to be laughable. It is theoretically possible, but it's also theoretically possible that a helicopter will fly into my house and kill me while I type this message. It isn't going to happen though.

For one thing, if you'd developed septicaemia three days ago you would probably be dead by now.

Headingnorth is right ... you wouldn't be able to sit there and type this if you had septicaemia. Hope you feel better soon.

I think there have been quite a few bad throats and headache, aches and pains etc around recently.

As above - if you had septicaemia (septic shock) you wouldn't be able to sit upright in your chair let alone type on your keyboard.

Hope you feel better soon.

if you have a couple of bad teeth ask them to check you for endocharditus with that you get flu lie symptoms as can be missed

The odds against this being septicaemia are so huge as to be laughable. It is theoretically possible, but it's also theoretically possible that a helicopter will fly into my house and kill me while I type this message. It isn't going to happen though.

For one thing, if you'd developed septicaemia three days ago you would probably be dead by now.

I think what is worrying me is the fact that i feel like i am going to throw up, I feel like this all the time and last day or so it has been bad.

Also the last day or so i have been getting shivering and chills.

I also feel very lethargic and generally unwell, My stomach is quite uncomfortable and my appetite has been very bad lately and i do sometimes feel like i am forcing myself to eat.

I went to a walk-in centre today not too long ago, I wasn't checked over much, My temperature and pulse was taken and that was it really.

They did do some blood tests but i have to wait 5-6 days for the results to come back.

Edited by toodlepip

Headingnorth is right ... you wouldn't be able to sit there and type this if you had septicaemia. Hope you feel better soon.

I think there have been quite a few bad throats and headache, aches and pains etc around recently.

Thanks Glennis.

if you have a couple of bad teeth ask them to check you for endocharditus with that you get flu lie symptoms as can be missed

Hope i haven't got anything like Endocarditis.

I think what is worrying me is the fact that i feel like i am going to throw up, I feel like this all the time and last day or so it has been bad.

Also the last day or so i have been getting shivering and chills.

I also feel very lethargic and generally unwell, My stomach is quite uncomfortable and my appetite has been very bad lately and i do sometimes feel like i am forcing myself to eat.

I went to a walk-in centre not too long ago, I wasn't checked over much, My temperature and pulse was taken and that was it really.

They did do some blood tests but i have to wait 5-6 days for the results to come back.

im no medical profesional but there seems to be a lot of things flying about at the mo several people i know have been ill, i myself have not been feeling 100% this week.

id wait untill you get the blood tests back hun to do any real panicking, theres no point stressing until you know for sure is there? it will only make you feel worse. and it could be something simple like a little infection somewhere, a bad cold, a touch of flu or even a virus or viral infection, all these things are rather normal and simple but make you feel awful when you have them. :(

good luck and i hope you feel better soon and that the tests come back all good for you.