Looking to get married in a marquee outside..

hi,

me and my partner are looking to get married next year. we fancy do it in a marquee, in a field, in the country somewhere.....

.... we're after suggestions for location.

preferably it would be with access to toilets and basic ammenities, but not just in the garden of a pub - we're after somewhere with a slight wild feel.

any help would be appreciated.

I believe Aston Hall do marquees, if you are getting married in Englad it has to be at a registered civil ceremony site.

I believe Aston Hall do marquees, if you are getting married in Englad it has to be at a registered civil ceremony site.

i was under the impression that you can now get married anywhere, providing you can get a registrar to agree to it??

If anyone could clarify this - bacause it's kind of fundimental to what we would like to do.

Ringwood Hall do outdoor weddings, and you can then have your reception in a marquee :)

Hi,

I photographed a wedding at Woodthorpe Hall this summer.

Everything is outdoors. The licenced location is a wine press, with the guests in a marquee.

Reception, bar etc were all in small marquees.

The hall is in the middle of nowhere, excellent grounds.

Best wishes.

Allen

thanks for suggestions - keep them coming.

I'm liking the look of the countryside centre in stannington and woodthorpe hall at the minute. would be interesting to see prices at Woodthorpe hall - can't find much on internet.

The Charnwood at Blythe, which is in the countryside, does a lovely marquee wedding. Not sure if that's too far for you though. x

The Charnwood at Blythe, which is in the countryside, does a lovely marquee wedding. Not sure if that's too far for you though. x

thanks,

I should probably add that we're on a tight budget, so maybe a hotel marquee might be out of our price bracket.

We lovede woodthorpe hall, but it does work out quite pricey with both venue and marquee hire and you need enough cover as it is all outside. However the 2 owners are great and I really felt that had we chosen there they would have been very supportive of anything I wanted to do. Also you have alot of flexibility with how you use the space, catering etc so depending on what you wanted you might be able to bring costs down.

I don't know what costs are like but you can get married in a room somewhere in Ecclesall woods and then have the reception outside.

Alternatively you could do the legal bit quickly the day before or in the morning at the registry office and then just have someone to do a blessing outside somewhere. I have been told that there are quite alot of farmers who would hire a field for a wedding party.

Oh, have just thought that I don't know if Woodthorpe have any days left for next year.

I've sent you a pm, sorry for the delay.

Foxholes farm near Low Bradfield was perfect for us. Fantastic location and views.