Why is there a Police Helicoptor flying over my house?

does anyone know why there is a helicoptor flying around my area?

Do you think i has anything to do with the police blocking the road, or is that just a coincidence?

(I've ALWAYS wanted one of these threads of my own) :hihi:

It's there because I've grassed you up.There'll be a knock on the door any time now.

I was driving home from Chesterfield direction just as a police van blocked the bypass off and we were diverted to the road beside/below it at about 5:50pm.

I took the puppy for a walk and looked up at the flyover and it was lined with smokers who'd got off the bus. This was at about 7:30.

When I came back about an hour later, the bus had moved about 2 lengths.

One of the other dog walkers in the park said there was quite a horriffic accident and people were hurt VERY badly.

Something I've learned since my sister was squashed by a car is that she was in the best trauma hospital in the country. Many people told her that the Hallamshire was the second best in the whole country for trauma and especially back trauma - so the people in the accident are in incredibly good hands.

The incident I posted about must have been something else, as it was in the morning/lunchtime. I hope that the people in the accident you both saw aren't too badly hurt and make a good recovery.

Although sometimes the emergency services make a big job out of road collisions. We once had a car crash into a bus just outside my shop, no one was hurt at all but the road was closed for two hours which caused tailbacks almost back to town apparently, because of having to safely remove the damaged vehicles.

So let's hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Theve been flying around my house aswell, i think its somthing 2 do with my house being so hot, i think they think im doing drugs or somthing, or it could just be somthing else, i dont really care

does anyone know why there is a helicoptor flying around my area?

Do you think i has anything to do with the police blocking the road, or is that just a coincidence?

(I've ALWAYS wanted one of these threads of my own) :hihi:

Shine up a laser pen light to try and get the pilots attention :hihi:

That way when your sat in donny nick they wont be able to bother you :D

May I hijack this thread to ask if anyone has any idea what happened earlier today, somewhere past Chesterfield Road at Woodseats? Five police cars went screaming past towards Meadowhead, in quick succession, around 11ish followed shortly afterwards by an ambulance. The helicopter was out as well, not sure if it was the police or the heli-med.

It must have been something serious to warrant so many cars. :(

Some idiot was seen doing 40 in a 30 zone while on his mobile :hihi:

Some idiot was seen doing 40 in a 30 zone while on his mobile :hihi:
*decides to just ignore the rank stupidity of this post*

*decides to just ignore the rank stupidity of this post*

Good on ya with *;)*

So let's hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Sadly, I believe it was. A friend said he was in the car behind the one involved. I don't want to go into details but it sounds awful.

Sadly, I believe it was. QUOTE]

From Sheffield Star website:

Man killed on bypass

Date: 10 September 2010

A MAN was killed last night after he was struck by a car as he walked along the Dronfield bypass.

The man, who has not yet been named by police, was carrying a petrol container as he walked along the A61 between the Bowshaw and Whittington roundabouts.

Police said the collision, with a silver Volkswagen Golf, happened at 5.35pm on the Sheffield-bound carriageway.

A doctor and paramedics battled to save the man at the scene but he was pronounced dead a short time later.

An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the collision is under way.

Witnesses or anyone with information should call Derbyshire Police on 0345 1233333.