Cash for clothes

What do these Cash for Clothes companies do with the clothes they 'purchase'?

I got £10ish for mine but the laeflets state that they accept bedding and curtains ect but they dont. So if you are planning on giving them those dont bother. I had loads and loads of curtains they were my money maker as to speak but never mind so if any SFer wants any curtains pm me *they are free*

What do these Cash for Clothes companies do with the clothes they 'purchase'?

They sell them in third word and eastern european counties for a profit. Really they are a bit of a scam but it suited what I wanted at the time and didnt realise untill i googled them.

They sell them in third word and eastern european counties for a profit. Really they are a bit of a scam but it suited what I wanted at the time and didnt realise untill i googled them.

That's a shame. Glad I binned my leaflet.

i just got a tenner for 3 bin bags which i was very happy with, im gona be having another clearout and saving them for when im skint again, i normally take them to a charity shop but now cant carry them as have a pram and to be honest id rather make money on them when i need it, as i did pay for the clothes in the first place

I had a visit from these people this morning, they don't (appear) to speak much English-i had 4 big bags full of top quality clothes and bags, some with tags still on and was given £6.20-i think in future i will donate clothes to charity like i usually do!

40p kilo ......................

only a mug donates to the charities on the ear.ole these days

you get so many bags posted through your door they,re a nuisence

i assume those who donate dont need the money as for gails nails you get paid by weight not quality to have the tags on means nothing now why didnt you try e bay first.

the charities are whinging because cash for clothes is depleting their stocks

the answer to that is the charities should follow suit and buy the clothes instead of going on the ear.ole its a dog eat dog world i,m afraid and recycling is big business so why should the scrounging charities have special status ???

sell your clothes for cash a fiver in your pocket is better than a fiver in theirs.