Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

Ok, first of all, I don't believe in god, ghosts, mediums, psychics or any of that crap. Anyone who knows me will know that. It's all total rubbish. Yet...

Reading this is actually fairly interesting.

If this is the night I'm thinking about, and I haven't googled yet to check, there was also a comet about this night. I'm thinking possibly hale bop or something like that. I can't quite remember.

I remember I was sat in my mum's as I was still fairly young, on the phone to my then girlfriend, talking about the comet, when I saw a really, really low flying plane. So low I clearly remember commenting about it to her.

Next day there were news reports about something crashing in the peaks near Stocksbridge (where my ex lived at the time), yet I was working out at Dore, and there were literally dozens of police vans and a few helicoptors out searching for something on the moors out that way. Thinking about it, that would logically be the place where it was headed, not towards Stocky.

I have no idea what you may or may not have evidence of, but I find it very interesting, as even with me being the most sceptical and unbelieving of people found it all very odd and difficult to explain. I'm not saying its a ghost or anything daft like that, but I certainly saw a plane.

Edit to say - just checked. It was Hale Bopp apparently.

lol yeah im saddened he doesnt shout "big bunch of grapes" when he finds someat

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The ghost plane is of interest to me.

A few years ago Mrs Doom and myself were out for a walk in Derbyshire when we noticed a large old plane flying over, the thing that struck us at the time was the lack of any noise.

This was very close to Ladybower/Derwent reservoirs and would certainly seem to tie in with some of the other reports.

Regards

Doom

I heared and saw the planes, went for a drive on the Strines the next day and the place was full of air force people and lots of men in suits and there were a couple of helicopters too.

I drove to the end of the Strines turned towards Castleton, got through Hope and was stopped and turned back by police at a road block before I reached Castleton along with several other cars and a van or two.

Just found an earlier mention of this:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2211781&postcount=49

Edited by Jabberwocky

What gets me Jabberwocky is if this incident was nothing like claimed by the Government etc at the time, no Planes where reported missing etc, why were the airforce there and men in suits, and why was there road blocks put in place? :huh:

Sounds like some sort of cover up, but a cover up of what?

UFO's? A plane crash?

There were claims at the time that it was something called A Bolide meteor, and I remember the owner of the Strines pub complaining of slight damage to his place by an explosion or heavy thud that rattled the entire building. I also remember going on the Snake pass a few days later and the road was lined in places with loads of people with cameras.

When the planes flew over the house I was on my back garden I remember trying to get my son out to have a look at them - he was disabled so by the time I went in and lifted him up and carried him out of the front of the house to look they were already heading out to the countryside and way off in the distance.

I suppose this is always going to be one of those mysterys that never gets solve but has load of different explainations to it.

The "Sheffield incident" was nothing to do with aliens...it was probably some Russian fighter jet playing kiss catch with the RAF over the pennines, the Russian jet went down, then for one reason or another the UK and Russian governments agreed to hush it all up.

photos have gone out to people who are genuinely interested and exact location via personal message

Can any forumers "who are genuinely interested" confirm that they have received photographs from this thread's OP?

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Can any forumers "who are genuinely interested" confirm that they have recieved photographs from this thread's OP?

Bet no one replies to that one.