Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

Quite correct Tony, providing we are talking about conventional laws of physics.

If (big IF I know) there are other intelligent and highly advanced lifeforms out there somewhere and they've mastered high speed interstellar travel, then it would be reasonable to surmise that they have also developed a higher understanding of physics and the way the universe works, would it not????

They could have but not one instance where someone claims to have evidence of UFOs or ETs has there been anything resembling high intelligence with a high understanding of physics.

I believe there is other life out there and I would love to see this be found to be true in my lifetime but the Universe is very massive and very old.

Then again, what if we're the smartest thing in the Universe and the rest is at most bacteria in evolutionary terms or maybe fish.

They could have but not one instance where someone claims to have evidence of UFOs or ETs has there been anything resembling high intelligence with a high understanding of physics.

I believe there is other life out there and I would love to see this be found to be true in my lifetime but the Universe is very massive and very old.

Then again, what if we're the smartest thing in the Universe and the rest is at most bacteria in evolutionary terms or maybe fish.

Now you're picking on fish!!!! I say no need, lol

Yep, I agree there is no evidence but there could be a small case for a possible "cover up" by the military, don't you think?

However after reading more of this thread, I am now leaning more towards some thieving scrote/s nicking "rare", valuable scrap pieces and then secreting or dumping them, only to be found by our OP and his detector-ist activities.

Keep on throwing up conspiracy theories people, who knows, maybe one day we'll get full disclosure (I think not!!!!)

Perhaps they have. If so why not use that fantastic technology to find out more about us rather than probing cows, rednecks or crashing their ships?

Perhaps they are investigating a link between Mad cow disease and unintelligent beings (Rednecks)

Hence kidnapping idiots and feeding them selected cuts of beef from probed cows, testing reaction then partially wiping there memorys and sending them back into the population. The only reason i can offer for crashing there ships is because they are s$%t pilots.

Heres an interesting question from an interstellar theory piloting exam.

What is the stopping distance of your standard space ship whilst travelling at twice the speed of light ?

Most of the Lore surrounding the Howden Moor case came from Maxwell Burns, a UFO investigator who lost all credability when he was jailed for supplying drugs.

Do any of the parts you have found show any signs of impact damage, and have you considered that if they are parts from a recent aircrash the Air Accidents Investigation Branch might have an interest ,plus if it is a downed Tornado its MOD property.

Not trying to scare you but just be aware.

If there was any UFO chase you would probably have to wait 25-50 years for any files being released !! However it would have been more likely some new plane test.

If a Tornado had of crashed at the speed they go it would have made a hell of a mess and it would not have been able to be covered up so think this one will end up being a mystery.

so why dunt any one do a low buget film called uboat fishy tails..where a mobile chippy is selling chips to a lost german unit..from a uboat..then the uboat encounters strange people that live just off the m62..that turn into chip eating vampires..and take over the uboat looking for more victims using motor ways....good one for nicholas cage...

Big mistake. UFO investigators ain't that reliable or credible.

True...some aren't. What is 100% reliable, however, are endless unqualified comments from largely uninformed individuals who nonetheless like to make broad sweeping statements....as typified by the quote above.

Most of the Lore surrounding the Howden Moor case came from Maxwell Burns, a UFO investigator who lost all credability when he was jailed for supplying drugs.

Do any of the parts you have found show any signs of impact damage, and have you considered that if they are parts from a recent aircrash the Air Accidents Investigation Branch might have an interest ,plus if it is a downed Tornado its MOD property.

Not trying to scare you but just be aware.

Well...given that there are no records to indicate a recent aircraft crash in the region and that none of you have thus far mentioned the area concerned being invaded by large bodies of individuals from any military or civilian organisation concerned with aircraft crashes or recovery, then I think it safe to assume that the full force of the law are unlikely to descend upon or otherwise crash through the windows of a hapless 'detectorists' house brandishing machine guns any time soon....don't you :hihi:

It seems to me that whether the incident did or didn't happen it sure has had all of us who have posted replies thinking about it again.Was it a jet? was it a plane or was it supersteelstealer? If no proof has been found so far I don't think it ever will.

Well I remember the stories about this, did'nt hear anything about a plane crash though? Thought that was just a rumour to explain what people had seen? Greno woods??? Known for ammo stores during war years, maybe possible to have stored aircraft bits too. Just thinking rational here. Cold war 70's? Store for spare bits? As for crash theory? If a jet had lost an engine? Would'nt the blades be twisted and distorted, no wreckage no destruction trail? Get these blades analized by a metalurgist? If not of this world then they would tell you.

What if we were actually seeded here by an ancient race and they're simply checking up on our progress?

They occasionally toy with our primitive technology but otherwise regard us a failure.

I guess it would be the type of people who claim a light in the sky or a crashed aircraft is something to do with extra terrestrial life.

Not quite Tony...the former are generally referred to as 'witnesses' whilst the latter are a breed unto themselves and a general thorn in the side of serious, objective-scientific based- investigative endeavours. There are around 1.5-8 million sites dedicated to the UFO/alien phenomenon, most (perhaps 80%) of which are largely pants.

The problem has always been (and indeed remains so) that the general public do not have the required experience or knowledge to differentiate between the good, the average/ mediocre and the downright bad sites relating to this subject. Example..look up BUFOG. On face value a harmless bunch largely promoting the UFO phenomenon as they see it. In reality you're dealing with a group laterally energised by an individual who convinced himself that a bird of prey hovering in the sky over the Midland region (where he lived) was a genuine UFO. The site you see is the result of that particular individuals need to believe what he wanted to see...and what has ultimately become an ingrained belief system and beacon of hope for the previously mentioned 'breed unto themselves' and their equally eager 'wannabe' disciples.

The UFO/alien subject is in truth a highly complex and dynamic subject...and one that has perhaps far more to do with the human element than any potential E.T reality.

Having stated all of this and -to an extent- nailed my colours to the mast Tony, I will tell you as an experienced (and strictly no nonsense- paranormal/UFO investigator) that there are cases and instances that openly defy every damned thing that you throw at them... and I include a few UFO/alien based cases amongst this small percentage.

Regards, Inexplacata.