Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

I think you are refering to the V1 flying bomb, this wasnt a traditional jet engine, it was a pulse jet engine fired by a spark plug.. with no rotor blades, i am thinking now on the lines of a jet helicopter engine or heat seeking missile?, same size rotor blades as found??? anyone got any more ideas?

just done more searching and a TURBOFAN JET ENGINE looks more like it

Edited by skiptor
more information

Craters in Grno wood? You mean the ones that have been there since WW2 after that area was used for many different AA Guns and that was bombed as well as the city centre? They could be craters from a UFO but most likly from the WW2 bombs that fell there.

Pass the craters where its nice and flat look for a holly bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly

Behind the holly bush is an impact crater.

Im going all Columbo here BUT, Could the Rotor Blades have been nicked from a Factory in Sheffield that produces them, the thiefs not wanting to put them into there back garden as they might get noticed, try to find somewhere to stash them for a while whilst they decide how to get the money for them, find a nice little crater behind a Holly bush and put them there, Skiptor is out walking the Dog or what ever he does, discovers them and declares a UFO has landed or a plane has crashed?

I know its along shot, but please understand i am not dismissing the claims or Aliens, it may well be they have morphed into a Rotor blade to try not to draw attention to themselves.

I think you are refering to the V1 flying bomb, this wasnt a traditional jet engine, it was a pulse jet engine fired by a spark plug.. with no rotor blades, i am thinking now on the lines of a jet helicopter engine or heat seeking missile?, same size rotor blades as found??? anyone got any more ideas?

just done more searching and a TURBOFAN JET ENGINE looks more like it

And now we are starting to see things from the same angle,

This is what it's not:

Not and alien,

not a jet fighter chasing an alien (I'd know the part numbers, and I don't)

not a helicopter that I or any of my colleagues have ever worked on, so that's all of them then.

Which leads me to the following conclusions.

I have written an email to Prof Forbes at Colorado University Space centre as the prefix CU-******* is one of their usual part numbers, so we'll see if they have lost anything. I very much doubt it.

The other idea, which I find much more likely is that this will have been a radio controlled aircraft, with a gas turbine engine. A big one, which would account for the damaged trees, a crash trajectory and a crater with titanium fan blades of that size.

There is a local company that makes these engines too, I just can't remember their name right now.

Will report back on findings.

Aspen.

Im going all Columbo here BUT, I know its along shot, but please understand i am not dismissing the claims or Aliens, it may well be they have morphed into a Rotor blade to try not to draw attention to themselves.

:D lol

love it.

I thought about this, (not the aliens bit) but how do you explain the molten titanium?

That stuff needs some serious heat to melt?

In fact thinking about it, even a crash won't generate enough heat, only something like cataclysmic atmospheric re-entry will, or could do that, but only then at some serious speed and angle of descent!

sh*t, maybe it is aliens :(

Hmm, heres another mystery. A local firm who produce titanium rotor blades recently had lots of these stolen. When were these found?

Lots of stolen metals reported on here - might be worth the OP having a look as quite a few offer a reward.

http://www.recyclemetals.org/stolen

:D lol

love it.

I thought about this, (not the aliens bit) but how do you explain the molten titanium?

That stuff needs some serious heat to melt?

In fact thinking about it, even a crash won't generate enough heat, only something like cataclysmic atmospheric re-entry will, or could do that, but only then at some serious speed and angle of descent!

sh*t, maybe it is aliens :(

Have I missed the post that mentions molten titanium?

just a thought was there any ufo sightings before airplanes were invented ?

just a thought was there any ufo sightings before airplanes were invented ?

Thousands!

In the bible there are accounts that could be seen as UFO sightings and history is ...sort of littered with tales of Flying shields and angels and other airborn objects that people couldnt explain. We call them saucers or triangles but in history they were called shields and arrowheads, things that people recognised back then.

Its a fascinating subject and nteresting to see how societys and people worked with mysteries they didnt understand.