Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

what UFO theres no such thing why would anyone want to come to this war torn world we all know it would take hundreds of years to come from distant sace to get here and for what, why pich darnall or the cliffe its all rubbish we are here on our own just wishful thinking like dying we are burried or burnt within a few years nothings left apart from a head stone like my great,great,great grand father were only his head stone is left in kiverton cemetary and apart from us that is thats left and that will be left to my 3 sons to carry on x

what UFO theres no such thing why would anyone want to come to this war torn world we all know it would take hundreds of years to come from distant sace to get here and for what, why pich darnall or the cliffe its all rubbish we are here on our own just wishful thinking like dying we are burried or burnt within a few years nothings left apart from a head stone like my great,great,great grand father were only his head stone is left in kiverton cemetary and apart from us that is thats left and that will be left to my 3 sons to carry on x

Looking on the bright side, eh?

And there we have it, without doubt the most bonkers yet interesting thread on SF.

I don't mean to go too far off subject here, but I used to know a guy called Bottletop Bill. We called him that for exactly the same reason; he loved different ales. I used to regularly sit in the Banker's Draft with him, sipping a pint of Carling extra cold whilst he worked his way through their range of bottled beers, and chatted about the good old days in Sheffield. He would reminisce about Park Hill flats, an what a great place it was to live in the 70s.

I haven't seen Bill for years. Sid, do you still see him? If so, could you find out if it is the same guy I remember? Ask him how he broke his foot in Halfway around a decade ago; if it is him, he will definitely have a tale of woe to regale you with!

But odds are it is someone else, I suppose the Bill I knew must be getting on a bit now.

well Chris, I think it is the same person, I remember him telling me about a police car running over his foot while he was waiting for the bus up at halfway, strangly the police car did not stop according to bottle top bill!

I have seen bill just last week in iceland at crystal peaks, as I walked past him I noticed he had a bottle of reggie reggie sauce in his basket and asked him if he likes that stuff, he turned around to me and said "no I dont, but the wife cant stand the sight of the stuff so thats why I buy it" we both had a good laugh and went our diffrent ways, if I see him again I shall refer him to this thread if he is on the internet.

well Chris, I think it is the same person, I remember him telling me about a police car running over his foot while he was waiting for the bus up at halfway, strangly the police car did not stop according to bottle top bill!

I have seen bill just last week in iceland at crystal peaks, as I walked past him I noticed he had a bottle of reggie reggie sauce in his basket and asked him if he likes that stuff, he turned around to me and said "no I dont, but the wife cant stand the sight of the stuff so thats why I buy it" we both had a good laugh and went our diffrent ways, if I see him again I shall refer him to this thread if he is on the internet.

Sid, it is him!! Yes, that happened in Halfway, couldn't believe it at the time.

The sauce is a good un, will mention that if I ever see him again.

I am not surprised you saw him there, he used to love the goodfellas pizzas they did.

Sid, it is him!! Yes, that happened in Halfway, couldn't believe it at the time.

The sauce is a good un, will mention that if I ever see him again.

I am not surprised you saw him there, he used to love the goodfellas pizzas they did.

chris, he would often fill his basket with goodfellas ham and pineapple!! oh the good old days!

although I think they have had a 30% price increase over the past year without increasing in size, I call that getting tripped by buisness.

chris, he would often fill his basket with goodfellas ham and pineapple!! oh the good old days!

although I think they have had a 30% price increase over the past year without increasing in size, I call that getting tripped by buisness.

It's what I call getting swindled in Paris

Exactly, because the distances involved are so vast.

Exactly, because the distances involved are so vast.

Too vast for current human technology that is.

For people who find the notion of life on other planets ridiculous just look at all the wierd and wonderful life forms that DO exist on this planet and ask yourself why can't it also exist elswhere, why?

Did the OP get abducted or something?

He created an account,made this thread,then a week later was his last post.

I think they got him!! or......

It could just be another crackpot under a different made up username,trying to make the story plausible by using multi accounts.

I'll go for the second option.

Too vast for current human technology that is.

For people who find the notion of life on other planets ridiculous just look at all the wierd and wonderful life forms that DO exist on this planet and ask yourself why can't it also exist elswhere, why?

Too vast for anybodies technology I would say. Even at light speed it would be a non starter. By the way I never said I thought there was no life on other planets.How would I know.

Did the OP get abducted or something?

He created an account,made this thread,then a week later was his last post.

I think they got him!! or......

It could just be another crackpot under a different made up username,trying to make the story plausible by using multi accounts.

I'll go for the second option.

I go for the 'smoked to much wacky backy' and is currently sat somewhere with the munchies.

UFO's........bet these people believe the moon is made of cheese:suspect: