Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

Hi Guys,

I can confirm, most likely, these are from the rear compression section, non stator blade of a turbine engine. I.e. They will be the rotating parts.

There will be some forged part numbers on the inside of the square ish, flanged section, can you put those up so I can tell you the manufacturer please, and probable aircraft.

from the size, they look like they are from an Allison 250-C20 Jet Turbine (usually found in a jet ranger / A109 or similar helicopter)

Hi Guys,

I can confirm, most likely, these are from the rear compression section, non stator blade of a turbine engine. I.e. They will be the rotating parts.

There will be some forged part numbers on the inside of the square ish, flanged section, can you put those up so I can tell you the manufacturer please, and probable aircraft.

from the size, they look like they are from an Allison 250-C20 Jet Turbine (usually found in a jet ranger / A109 or similar helicopter)

One blade is stamped LBQ BF then engraved BA28J C, it is 2 1/4" long by 1" wide

May I just throw an idea out there regarding the post about "advanced races not using titanium" I think they might.

It's a great lightweight alloy. Once heated and worked it's almost impossible to re-work or break. It's thermal spectrum of tolerance is almost unsurpassed and would easily be ideal for long distance space travel.

If it aint broke and all that.

I'm sure there are some super clever types out there able to put me right here, I'm open to debate obviously.

I thought this was resolved several years after it happened by Helen Jackson (then MP for that sort of area) by a parlimentary question of some sort.

IIRC the answer she obtained was that it was an RAF pilot going over Mach1 (therefore creating a sonic boom) where he shouldn't have done - As in doing it over land above/near a populated area.

The pilot would have never reported it at the time, as he knew he'd get in to trouble for it. I guess only after too many questions were asked, flight data looked at etc the truth comes out.

As for reports of road blocks etc - it's amazing how quickly rumors at the time can become "truth". I'm not saying people didn't encounter such things, but an over excited duty Inspector not wanting to risk getting the blame if something really had happened could well have over reacted?

I know someone on Edale MRT, and they were called out as well that night looking for an aircraft that had only been reported as going out of sight and some sort of bang being heard. Pretty sure no-one at the time ever reported seeing either a direct impact or fireball as a result of impact.

One blade is stamped LBQ BF then engraved BA28J C, it is 2 1/4" long by 1" wide

I have emailed some ex colleagues with the details, If I'm honest, it's not the engine I was thinking about for certain.

So at least we know what it's not from.

Hi Guys,

part numbers are as follows,

blade 1, b11c904551841

blade 2,ba548

blade 3,nst bf

blade 4, ba28jc lrq bf

circular part, cd8694, e100,

small parts with numbers such as, cu22312, cu54593, cu14236, cu12223, all the small parts have H L LTD on them

also have more blades but its going to take all day to write down the numbers, hope you have enough to go on

thats fine mate.

where are you based?

location, up penistone road to norfolk hill, go up norfolk hill about 20 yds to houses on right, at first house is a public footpath, go up path untill its summit..slight fork in path..keep to right of holly bush..then enter woodland down hill till you get to a large holly bush..about 20 foot down hill, find crater in front of you with disturbed ground from digging, also look at damage to trees, you can follow the path of whatever crashed by looking closly at damaged trees. dont know what landed but thats where all the bits have been found scattered and at a depth of around 8/10 inches.

looking at the damage etc, how big, in meters would you say the craft was. As it came down? Could this be a model aircraft with small jet engine?

Well apologies from me skiptor. You appear to have happened upon something interesting. Not convinced its related to the 97 event But it is intriguing. You should go to the papers with it.

that's dead interesting - I don't remember it at all - sheff's very own Roswell!! - without doubt an alien invasion nipped in the bud just in time - phew!

It's refreshing to know the aliens didn't choose California for once.

Or New York! ;)

part numbers are as follows,

blade 1, b11c904551841

blade 2,ba548

blade 3,nst bf

blade 4, ba28jc lrq bf

circular part, cd8694, e100,

small parts with numbers such as, cu22312, cu54593, cu14236, cu12223, all the small parts have H L LTD on them

also have more blades but its going to take all day to write down the numbers, hope you have enough to go on

Could other interested folk have some pictures too please, pretty please! :)