Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

Interesting that Boyfriday, i lived at Stannington and can remember the claims of the 'Ghost planes' flying over towards Lady bower, we all assumed someone had had to many shandy's that night on way from the pub, but there might be something in the tale, and it seems to be the same year 1997.

Does anyone remember the sheffield incident of march 24th 1997?. As a keen metal detectorist along with my friend 'Digger', we have over the past 18 months or so, found around 60 titanium rotor blades along with various stainless steel parts and more which i will reveal later. :

Please post photographs of the items along with a grid reference or exact Google Maps marker.

Until you do this will remain in the "I might believe it when i see it" pile.

Interesting that Boyfriday, i lived at Stannington and can remember the claims of the 'Ghost planes' flying over towards Lady bower, we all assumed someone had had to many shandy's that night on way from the pub, but there might be something in the tale, and it seems to be the same year 1997.

It's interesting reading dink, and if the accounts can be corroborated (police, eye witnesses, the dialogue with the MOD) then I'd be even more intrigued by it. I don't remember anything of this story in 97, and would be interested to hear what satman saw, if they return to the thread.

Please post photographs of the items along with a grid reference or exact Google Maps marker.

Until you do this will remain in the "I might believe it when i see it" pile.

Are you a scrappie, Tony? It'll be gone by the time they get back there :D

Are you a scrappie, Tony? It'll be gone by the time they get back there :D

Hehe. The other problem with the OP's claim is that engine fan blades aren't titanium, though there is a small amount in some of the alloys used in blade manufacture. I'm not even sure that ordinary metal detectors can detect titanium.

Now I'm all for a good mystery but this one is jam packed full of holes. Another problem is that there are various aircraft wrecks up on the hills so it's difficult to claim that it's a particular component from a particular aircraft from a particular (never crashed) aeroplane.

Yet another problem is that there isn't a missing Tornado or crew from the period.

Come on OP, let's see photos with measurements) and some precise locations.

Edited by Tony

.what are titanium rotor blades as fitted to jet engines, such as a tornado fighter, doing in an area of woodland in north sheffield? any help please :confused:

Smuggled out of a steelworks and stashed away as somebodies "pension fund"?

Does sheffield make titanium blades for the ministry of defence?

Its interesting this, because one evening I heard a loud rumble over Greystones, a plane flew over my house flying from south to north. I looked out of my window and saw a massive airplane ... well its under carriage anyway.

It was absolutely massive and flying very low, with a few hundred feet of my roof.

It looked like a large transporter plane and seemed that low I thought it would crash in Endcliffe Park area. It didn't of course.

I have no idea what year or month it was. I thought I might be seeing things actually.

I am Flebarr from the planet Racko. Can I have my plane back please?

Hehe. The other problem with the OP's claim is that engine fan blades aren't titanium, though there is a small amount in some of the alloys used in blade manufacture. I'm not even sure that ordinary metal detectors can detect titanium.

Now I'm all for a good mystery but this one is jam packed full of holes. Another problem is that there are various aircraft wrecks up on the hills so it's difficult to claim that it's a particular component from a particular aircraft from a particular (never crashed) aeroplane.

Yet another problem is that there isn't a missing Tornado or crew from the period.

Come on OP, let's see photos with measurements) and some precise locations.

To suck in large amounts of air, the jet engine has a large spinning fan with titanium blades. These blades not only increase the engine's efficiency but reduce noise. Other titanium-made components are the compressor and combustion chamber.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Titanium-and-Jet-Engines&id=3394057