Bull's Head Ranmoor to become a wine bar

Really? I feel silly now! I always thought wine bars were for people who like wine - how thick do I feel now?! :hihi:

Me too:huh:

You dont have ginger hair and freckles do you Ouse?? :hihi:

No, but I AM looking for a pair of mustard coloured corduroys.:hihi:

Wine bars are for pretentious snobby people who look down their noses at anyone who drinks anything out of a pint glass. On the other hand, there's enough pretentious snobby people living in Ranmoor for it to be a success.

What's the matter, can't you afford a nice bottle of bubbly or a bottle of Cloudy Bay?

Or does it rile you that there are some folk who can?

I understand that one side of the pub is to become a wine bar in the next few weeks. As you go in the pub, the bar to the right hand side is to be the wine bar whilst the rest of the pub stays as it is.

Wonder what other's make of this?

I'm sorry to hear that the 'Bull' is going down the pan, I had my stag night there! However, we are all in the midst of a slow, but radical socio-behavioural demographic change that we can do little to influence. Pubs, as we knew them, are finished. If what were good pubs, like the Bull and the Crown at Totley, can't handle the change, then most others are doomed, too.

Sorry, but only customers can halt the inevitable!

Rivedonian

Guest makapaka
I'm sorry to hear that the 'Bull' is going down the pan, I had my stag night there! However, we are all in the midst of a slow, but radical socio-behavioural demographic change that we can do little to influence. Pubs, as we knew them, are finished. If what were good pubs, like the Bull and the Crown at Totley, can't handle the change, then most others are doomed, too.

Sorry, but only customers can halt the inevitable!

Rivedonian

The post previous to yours was nearly two years old. It's open and not a wine bar, had a recent refurb also.

The post previous to yours was nearly two years old. It's open and not a wine bar, had a recent refurb also.

Glad to hear it. I don't live in Sheffield any more, and don't visit as often as I would like. However, I used to be a regular in both The Bull and The Crown at Totley, and hope that both manage to continue to trade successfully.

the wine bar killed it

It was killed by the various landlords/tenants that took it on after Graham departed (way back in mid '90's?).

They mostly decided to go down the cheap lager and sky sports road which subsequently drew rather a rum bunch of customers in .

And all the well heeled regulars who would happily prop up the bar day in day out decamped elsewhere...so it was empty most of the time.

West 10 and the Ranmoor merely capitalised on this situation.

The most recent tenants made a decent fist of it but I dont think its possible to re-create the atmosphere the place once had.