Anyone remember Blanchards dept store, infirmary road

can anyone remember the Dept store blanchards on infirmary road, my dad used to be a van driver for them.

Blanchards kept most households going and most familys paid with checks in those days,they also had another store on hillsboro bridge.Blanchards store sold most things but mainly clothes and furniture.

Blanchards kept most households going and most familys paid with checks in those days,they also had another store on hillsboro bridge.Blanchards store sold most things but mainly clothes and furniture.

my dad used to work as van driver for them and my mum has still got one of the dolls they used to use for the shop window display, it used to model baby boys clothes, my dad was on front page of the star once for going through a house front during the icy weather,

We used to shop there in the 50s/60s and I remember the overhead pneumatic cash-transfer system. I think it got set on fire in the Blitz and my uncle was one of the AFS fire crew who attended.

It reminded me of Are you been served..

Remember the money thing that sent it off to some cashier probably in the basement.

Happy days

As far as I can remember Blanchards never had a store on Hillsborough Bridge.

There was Burgess, who were tailors and mens outfitters. This may be the shop

you are thinking about.

Blanchards.One of the cheque stores along with Banners and one my mother bought my last suit at before I started paying board ,somewhere along West Bar but I cannot remember the name.

Somewhere someone is living a life of luxury on all the interest my mother paid to those cheque merchants.Pagets springs to mind

Blanchards.One of the cheque stores along with Banners and one my mother bought my last suit at before I started paying board somewhere along West Bar but I cannot remember the name.

The shop on West Bar rings a bell, I had my first school uniform from there in 1960.

The shop on West Bar rings a bell, I had my first school uniform from there in 1960.

Laceys ????

Laceys ????

It could well have been the one, I seem to think it was where the Bradford Woollen used to be.

Blanchards was on Imfirmary as OP says ,they were mainly clothes and haberdashary (texac ice blue jeans anyone?) they were part of the same group as Wigfalls who were on West Bar and our house was clothed and furnished by both with the Wiggies man calling once a month or so for payments (hid under the kitchen table a time or two with me old ma LOL)

Laces was under the old "doss house" building where Seven Spices balti is now .