20.8 MP panorama from the roof of the Cathedral

Hi I have a panoramic photo of Wentworth Woodhouse, the stitcher software will only export it as TIFF or RAW. Can anybody advise how best to convert those formats to JPG please? I have tried a couple of Shareware/Freeware apps, but they don't seem to be able to handle the file size, the TIFF file is 2GB :(

Thanks.

The obvious one for converting RAW to JPEG is Photoshop - don't they do a free cut-down version these days? If not, I used to use Irfanview which is (was?) free. Most popular free image editing software ATM seems to be GIMP (which is opensource) and Picassa (Google's software)

...answered the wrong question...

Edited by karl101

Hi I have a panoramic photo of Wentworth Woodhouse, the stitcher software will only export it as TIFF or RAW. Can anybody advise how best to convert those formats to JPG please? I have tried a couple of Shareware/Freeware apps, but they don't seem to be able to handle the file size, the TIFF file is 2GB :(

Thanks.

With a file that size your computer may be running out of memory, especially if its old. Have you tried http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

ACDsee 12 has a 30 day trial http://www.acdsee.com/

K.

...answered the wrong question...

...so you mean You're actually looking for something to 'stitch' the photos as opposed to convert the finished photo to a manageable size for format?

Thanks karl101 and hitchhiker.

I actually have a Gigapan as posted by livestrong in post #13. The stitcher software uploads it and creates a zoomable flash image similar to Zoomify. The API isn't up to much though so I'd like to start using Zoomify. I tried creating a Zoomify from a TIFF image file, but it wouldn't take the TIFF, only JPG worked. The stitcher software only outputs TIFF or RAW, so looks like I'll have to convert some pretty big TIFF files to JPG if I'm going to start using Zoomify, unless I move away from the official Gigapan stitcher (which I'm reluctant to do because it works really well) and use something that will output the finished image as a JPG.

Hitchhiker - drop me a PM if I can assist with the panoramas for Sheffield Cathederal using the Gigapan.

Hi all,

I thought this might be of interest to you:

I'm currently working on an on-line virtual tour of Sheffield Cathedral and took some test shots from the roof yesterday. Below is a link to a 20.8 MP panorama looking north from the spire over Campo Lane. It's a bit scrappy with one or two parallax issues, however, it's still pretty interesting:

Campo Lane Panorama

virtual tour now live: http://www.sheffieldcathedral.org/visiting/virtual-tour.php

I'd be grateful for any feedback!