Sign in to follow this  

Olive oil is better for you than aspirin.

The mail newspaper says,that olive oil is better for you than aspirin.Can this be true.Im sure you will be running to the toilet all day depending on how much you take. And if olive oil is better than aspirin, Im sure Popeye will be glad !

Originally posted by the_rudeboy

Have you try cooking with aspirin? Buggers ya pan up big time. :hihi:

11.80 are crap though.....:hihi:

I see what you mean :heyhey::rolleyes:

Originally posted by spyro2000

I see what you mean :heyhey::rolleyes:

That was the 0.1.....cheeky git....

Red wine is better for you than both Olive Oil and Aspirin.

However... put the three together and things really start to swing!

I find that a bit hard to swallow.

Aspirin is still being researched as a wonder drug.

Perhaps they should be researching willow bark which is possibly better for you than all the rest. Do a google on "willow bark" for more information, then chuck out your aspirin and stop going ott about olive. Let popeye keep her.

So many handy herbs in your own back garden and you never learn about them. Tis good to be a witch ;)

Dragon

I thought aspirin was made from willow bark

hazel

Aspirin is a derivative of the Willow Bark, so is a plant source.

Digoxin - a powerful heart drug, is also derived from foxgloves.

Nature provides indeed!

Lets not forget opiates - powerful painkillers, from poppies, Lignocaine - local anaesthetic, wine, chocolate, :D etc

:clap:

Aspirin is. However - it does not have the rubbish added to it that is in Aspirin tablets. You cannot OD on willow bark. Well - suppose anything is possible but it would be blooming difficult.

Need to take care not to damage the tree when acquiring. Any willow twigs will do. Scrape off the bark and dry. Cut into small pieces and grind up (those coffee bean grinders work well). You can put the powder in capsules for easy swallowing - though careful if you are a vegetarian.

Sage is a good one, Don_kiddick. Burn some on a gauze and visit the fairies. Salvia Divinorum can be smoked in a pipe or in a cig paper. More mild than Pot, but can have similar effect.

Field poppies are similar to the cultivated ones but lack the addictive qualities apparently.

Nothing illegal here. Move along.

Dragon

I used to use Meadowsweet root for headaches when sitting in the sun fishing all day, it tastes just like germeline which is strange.

It grows in damp places and one of the more easily identifiable plants especialy when it's in flower.

I would guess it depends on your tollerance to prescribed drugs, i rarely use prescribed pain killers, so i'm convinced that's why meadowsweet works for me.

Originally posted by 40summat

I used to use Meadowsweet root for headaches when sitting in the sun fishing all day, it tastes just like germeline which is strange.

It grows in damp places and one of the more easily identifiable plants especialy when it's in flower.

I would guess it depends on your tollerance to prescribed drugs, i rarely use prescribed pain killers, so i'm convinced that's why meadowsweet works for me.

Maybe my husband should use Meadowsweet,when hes not won the fishing match !