Sign in to follow this  

..and still IBF World Champion Clinton Woods!!!

Once again a fine perfomance from a PROPER World Champion. Going twelve rounds against a tough Mexican and not a mark on his face, class act. Now go and beat Tarver/Jones and get that huge payday you deserve.

Well done Clinton!!!!

P.S. Get rid of the England Supporters band before the next fight though, their time has been and gone. Or are they now a 'cult' band (think i said that right ;))

Originally posted by boboskins

Once again a fine perfomance from a PROPER World Champion. Going twelve rounds against a tough Mexican and not a mark on his face, class act. Now go and beat Tarver/Jones and get that huge payday you deserve.

Well done Clinton!!!!

P.S. Get rid of the England Supporters band before the next fight though, their time has been and gone. Or are they now a 'cult' band (think i said that right ;))

Awful sport :gag:

Tremendous win for Clinton :clap: :clap:

Maybe he'll get the big pay day he deserves now :)

Top fighter and still has his feet on the ground. Well done Clint!

I think "top fighter" is going a tad too far, how many title fights did he have where he got battered before finally winning one? Law of averages there....plus Mr Oskins only raves about him cos he went to school with him :hihi:

Well done Clinton!!!!

Just out of curiousity, is there a reason you've put 'proper' in caps - is that a reference to someone else or soemthing? just curious (i hate to miss anything!) :confused:

The basic answer is that anyone can start a "World" boxing body and award World titles. There are at least 20 such bodies. Some obviously have more credibility than others and are considered "proper" or "genuine" world titles. Clinton's is one of the most prestigious and thus "proper".

The basic answer is that anyone can start a "World" boxing body and award World titles. There are at least 20 such bodies. Some obviously have more credibility than others and are considered "proper" or "genuine" world titles. Clinton's is one of the most prestigious and thus "proper".

Ah, yes, i know all that. i thought it was perhaps in reference to something/someone else.

It may be a reference to the fact that Clinton has had a pop at "KFC" world titles as he called them. He, in particular, slagged off the idea of fellow Sheffielder Ryan Rhodes fighting for the WBU title.

Woods wants to stay well away from Tarver. I fancy he could beat Maccarinelli and wouldn't mind seeing it but i don't rate his chances in with Tarver.

Maccarenelli is a Cruiserweight, a good stone and a half heavier than Clinton. I think Cllinton would be more likely to have a rematch with Glen Johnson before he would fight Tarver. But it looks like Dennis Hobson and Frank Warren are (threw the carefully managed slagging each other off in the press) talking up a match between Clinton and Joe Calzaghe later in the year. Meanwhile, Clinton has a match with Jason de Lisle, who previously put up a very good show against him (and knocked him down) at Pond's Forge on May 13.