Sign in to follow this  

Where do I buy a book like this ?

About forty years ago someone gave me a small paperback book measuring about three and three quarter inches wide by five and a half inches long.In it were listed in alphabetical order every street in Sheffield.This was before Postcodes came out,so it would say e.g. Adkins Rd,Parson Cross Estate,Sheffield.5.It was a street directory but I have used it so much that the fron t has fallen off, the pages have turned yellow, and some have fallen out.Ive looked all over for something similar,but all I can buy are the Sheffield AZ with maps in. They are bulky,and I dont needs maps.The one of mine sits comfortably in the palm of your hand. Can anyone tell me where I can get one from ?(with postcodes in)

It sounds like a Gazetteer. I have one from 1953. I don't imagine they're made any more.

Originally posted by alchresearch

It sounds like a Gazetteer. I have one from 1953. I don't imagine they're made any more.

Thanks alchresearch.If mine was a Gazetteer from 1953, I know I wont get one again. I wonder why someone doesnt print one.They are so handy,especially when driving.