Traffic Light Cameras in Sheffield

Originally posted by dlee

they are sensors above the traffic lights not cameras,they are mostly found on pedestrian crossings and busy road crossings

Yeah, they are infra red detectors not cameras.

Bwah ha ha!

I was at that junction about a week ago, driving up towards HSBC to turn up Glossop road. The mini in front of me drove straight through the red light..... and FLASH! Caught! Bwah ha ha haaa....... I was delighted. I'm always seeing people sail through red lights..... I enjoyed seeing someone finally nabbed.

Leah x

I wish they wolud put one on the lights at the Juction of Station Road, Queen Street and Sheffield Road at Mosborough.

There is going to be a nasty accident there one day.

The amount of cars going through at red and ignoring the No Right Turn sign would make them loads of money.

yes there is definately a yellow speed camera on the a61 hanover way just past the flats heading towards the university then as you carry on the lights at the hsbc bank has a traffic signal camera that gets you if you go through on red.

Apparently even though there are all these cameras around they are not always loaded? so if you do get a flash you are not guarenteed a ticket? not sure how true that is though so dont try it!!:confused:

The red-light camera on Hanover way near HSBC can be triggered by pedestrians crossing the road on the wrong side of the stop line!

Driving from broomhill shops straight to fulwood rd (when you pass the oxfam and go straight on)

theres a traffic light that often just goes onto orange- the next one is literally one second away and I'm thinking" is it the same traffic light or should I have stopped" as by the time I passed the first one on orange- the other one is on red!

Anyone know what i mean?

It is a grey camera - it's not a sensor.

The other day we were waiting there and an ambulance wsa trying to get through, so the people who were at the front had to pull forward slightly - through the red to let the ambulance edge past. Would they have got a ticket?

What would you do in that situation? Hold up the ambulance and refuse to get out of its way or move and get the £60 fine/3 points?

The other day we were waiting there and an ambulance wsa trying to get through, so the people who were at the front had to pull forward slightly - through the red to let the ambulance edge past. Would they have got a ticket?

What would you do in that situation? Hold up the ambulance and refuse to get out of its way or move and get the £60 fine/3 points?

I think you should get out of the way of the ambulance and then, if you get a notice, write back explaining the situation. Chances are they will see the ambulance in the photo anyway and (hopefully) see common sense!

Originally posted by lammy

I think you should get out of the way of the ambulance and then, if you get a notice, write back explaining the situation. Chances are they will see the ambulance in the photo anyway and (hopefully) see common sense!

Don't count on that only a few weeks ago a chap in Doncaster did just that it went to Court the Court upheld the ticket from the lovely quango Camera Partnership so what they are really saying is don't over move for Police,Ambulance Fire etc if you are near a traffic light camera etc.

I hate those cameras.... I totally hate people that go through red light and do back those cameras if someone did go through red. But they make you so paranoid... Just today for example, I anticipated it changing to red and thought "I bet it'll be orange by the time I get up that hill" and sure enough it bloody was..... I did go through orange as the car as I was going at about 25mph, and braking suddently at that speed wouldn't have been safe.

I hope it was ok!

Are there RED Light cameras on  Traffic lights on pedestrian crossing Hanover Way? (going downhill towards town centre Ecclesall Rd)