Traffic Light Cameras in Sheffield

Hi.Does anyone know if there is a traffic light camera on upper hanover street in sheffield? And if there is, is it on the side going towards HSBC bank, or the side going away from it?

Originally posted by Qumer

Hi.Does anyone know if there is a traffic light camera on upper hanover street in sheffield? And if there is, is it on the side going towards HSBC bank, or the side going away from it?

The side going towards it, up to Brookhill roundabout.

Are you sure? I don't mean the yellow speed camera. I mean a traffic light camera, the one that monitors if you go through red.

There definitely is a red light camera on the way up the hill because my husband got 3 points and a £60 fine on his way to pick me and my 3 day old daughter from the Jessops wing last year!:mad:

Originally posted by Qumer

Are you sure? I don't mean the yellow speed camera. I mean a traffic light camera, the one that monitors if you go through red.

Not sure Q, but if you mean the small camera's on top of Traffic lights...............then I would have been nicked a thousand times over...............I think they monitor traffic flow..............It's my understanding that only the yellow Gatso type things take pictures................but I could be totally wrong..............

OOOps, tell you, I went through only just as it turned red the other day, that little brown envelope has'nt arrived yet.....hopefully. Maybe just due to crap post service in S5:suspect: will let you know anyway. Women drivers honest:hihi:

Originally posted by bigredbox

OOOps, tell you, I went through only just as it turned red the other day, that little brown envelope has'nt arrived yet.....hopefully. Maybe just due to crap post service in S5:suspect: will let you know anyway. Women drivers honest:hihi:

:hihi: Well the same thing happened to me yesterday going down away from the roundabout, I saw a flash don't know if it was for me or for some poor soul on the other side.

Nah....do tend to think that the flash was from camera on opp side of road...downhill.

The same thing happened to me on Birley Moor Road, heading out of city. Saw a flash but knew for I was only doing 30. Camera is opp side of road.

It does make you think and look, so either way it works, yet another 60 quid in the coppers pockets or another accident prevented.

I used to catch the tram into town outside the HSBC bank (university stop) and almost every day the camera would flash somebody going through on red.

The one next to Halfords on ? Queens Road I've never seen flash but loads go through on red towards Chesterfield.

they are sensors above the traffic lights not cameras,they are mostly found on pedestrian crossings and busy road crossings

Originally posted by cloudybay

Not sure Q, but if you mean the small camera's on top of Traffic lights...............then I would have been nicked a thousand times over...............I think they monitor traffic flow..............It's my understanding that only the yellow Gatso type things take pictures................but I could be totally wrong..............

the box on top of the lights is usually a sensor.. the speed cameras are big yellow boxes and traffic light cameras are grey boxes which are slimmer. the traffic light cameras flash and take photos..

the one on that road is for the traffic heading up the hill past hsbc to round about :D