The scariest scenes from films or tv

There is a scene in the exorcist which freaks me out (when she is jabbing herself in the nether regions , shouting "<removed> me , <removed> me ) and her head is spinning round ..

to tell you the truth I found that quite romantic:suspect:my girlfriend allways used to that when she was playing hard to get

Erm... Damn, i already like that girl!

Edited by nikki-red

There is a scene in the exorcist which freaks me out (when she is jabbing herself in the nether regions , shouting "<removed> me , <removed> me ) and her head is spinning round ..

to tell you the truth I found that quite romantic:suspect:my girlfriend allways used to that when she was playing hard to get

I found that hilarious, but i bet back in your day that this was scary!

Edited by nikki-red

I always thought there was something scary about this

Cant remember which poltergiest film, but there's one scene where one of the investigators is standing in front of a mirror and he just starts pulling his face to bits!!!! maybe not scary but it disturbed me for a while, my friend kept re-winding the video and playing it over and over again.

Jaws, the first one, where the man is being eaten legs first on the boat, and blood starts spurting from his mouth eeew that really stuck with me for a long time.

The "Im Jack" voice on the Yorkshire Ripper Hoax tape.

And finally, think it was in the 70's quite a famous "true" story about a family being haunted by a poltergiest, and during one investigation whilst doing a recording they get the supposed voice of the spirit, again its in the league of the Im Jack recording, makes my skin crawl.

When I was younger I once stayed up to watch a horror film, this would be mid seventies.

It was all about a man who went to visit an art gallery and there were two pictures in a room, one was of a crucifixion, the other one was of a man peacefully sitting in a boat on a lake .

The man's life became difficult and each day he visited the gallery, I think he got a wish allowed or something, so he went to the gallery at night, looked towards the picture of the peaceful lake scene and wished himself into it, unfortunately the curator had swapped the pictures round, and then the next day you got a close up of the crucifixion picture and it was this man on the cross and you could hear his anguished moans.It sounds quite tame by today's standards but it has stayed with me all these years !!!

OMG, I've seen this! It was an episode of Night Gallery, hosted by Rod Serling called The Escape Route. The guy is a nazi war criminal hiding out in South America. He refuses to believe in God. When he's finally found, he runs into the art gallery and says, "if you really exist, help me now!" He gets his wish, alright. Here's the link. I couldn't find the full episode on Youtube, but maybe it's somewhere else. I also used to watch that series as a child and some of them were lame, but some were really weird and creepy.

http://www.nightgallery.net/episodes.html

Steven King's Salems Lot scared the hell out of me when I was a teenager.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=salem%27s+lot+1979&aq=7s

It still gives me goosebumps. Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Maybe because this was in the days before fancy special effects and they had to depend on good acting and directing. I guess it depends on how old you are. My kids used to laugh at Anthony Perkins dressed up like his mother. :roll:

Edited by Sierra

OMG, I've seen this! It was an episode of Night Gallery, hosted by Rod Serling called The Escape Route. The guy is a nazi war criminal hiding out in South America. He refuses to believe in God. When he's finally found, he runs into the art gallery and says, "if you really exist, help me now!" He gets his wish, alright. Here's the link. I couldn't find the full episode on Youtube, but maybe it's somewhere else. I also used to watch that series as a child and some of them were lame, but some were really weird and creepy.

Steven King's Salems Lot scared the hell out of me when I was a teenager.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=salem%27s+lot+1979&aq=7s

It still gives me goosebumps. Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Maybe because this was in the days before fancy special effects and they had to depend on good acting and directing. I guess it depends on how old you are. My kids used to laugh at Anthony Perkins dressed up like his mother. :roll:

I remember Night Gallery, as you say some of the episodes were rubbish but some were brilliant! I think I saw a DVD of the entire series one on ebay for a tenner.

Edited by Grappler

When that thing popped out of the stomach of thingy in that film

x

That wasn't scary, the bit in the air ducts was scary.

Halloween where the little boys head shrinks.

The Descent.....................Urrrgggghhh.

When I was younger Quint's death always freaked me out in Jaws. Also, as terrible as they are, those Final Destination films pack some disturbing scenes in them, especially in the third one where those two pretty naked girls :hihi: get incinerated. Also, those ghost hunting programs scare me. All that paranormal stuff really puts me on edge - hearing bumps in the night, etc.

Bit of a horror buff myself. An 80s kid so saw plenty of disturbing films which gave me nightmares.

1. alien- when captain dallas is in the airduct and the alien is closing in on him. great suspense.

2. The Omen- this scene. very disturbing watching as a kid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEsOg3xyGE.

3. 1979 Amityville Horror. creepy as hell.

4.The Changeling with George C scott-A professor finds that the ghost of a murdered child haunts his new home. When he's in bed and constantly hears strange noises.

. :roll:

In fact the Escape Route episode is on the series one DVD of Night Gallery, if you want a stocking filler for Christmas!