The scariest scenes from films or tv

im not too bad on watching horror films i love them only thing that freaks me out sometimes it the sounds on a film. one think that gets me is the ring when they war watching the video tape and it gets to the but where someone is pushing there finger down over that nail in the floor and their nail pops off errrggg

I used to hate the flashcard of the red screaming face that appeared at the beginning of the 1970s TV series Armchair Thriller.

I remember watching 'La Cabina' when it was twinned with the 'The Crazies' on BBCs double bill of horror. Wouldn't go into a telephonebox for years after watching that. lol.

Hammer House once did a TV movie of a man stuck in a white room & was fed by someone putting trays of food in through a gap in the door. Can't remember much about it but it was very strange.

I used to hate the flashcard of the red screaming face that appeared at the beginning of the 1970s TV series Armchair Thriller.

I remember watching 'La Cabina' when it was twinned with the 'The Crazies' on BBCs double bill of horror. Wouldn't go into a telephonebox for years after watching that. lol.

Hammer House once did a TV movie of a man stuck in a white room & was fed by someone putting trays of food in through a gap in the door. Can't remember much about it but it was very strange.

Hammer House of Horror was always scary...I remember one about an annual gathering of people who'd survived an air crash or something who celebrated by dining on human flash.

This film scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid.

Anyone remember the old Bravo channel clips that preceded the adverts about 3-4 yrs ago? there was one in particular where a little girl with a freaky face was riding her bike?. Very disturbing.

when I was young I used to watch are you afraid of the dark and there was an episode with a dolls house where this girl had turned into a doll - that really freaked me out

now I watch a lot of modern horror films the best one I've ever seen is the orphanage

I know its quite tame compared to the horror films of today, but when I was little the Alfred Hithcock films were very scary, especially in The Birds when the guy is sat there with his eyes pecked out :help:

I cant watch horror movies nowadays Im too much of a coward :roll:

The birds gives me the creeps as well.. i am still put off whenever i see a huge amount of birds in one area..just in case :blush: ( this is also being remade as well at the moment... Naomi Watts is the lead lady)

I find films that are gorey , and are just blood bath type of films do not affect me in the slightest .(ie Hostel , wrong turn, Saw films (though i have to confess i really like the first one ).

It is the psychological ones that often get me .. for example Silence of the Lambs (one my ultimate films but i find it chilling , and if i have ever watched then i always double check my doors are locked at night) ...

I also really will not watch anything with Jeff Goldblum in as well due to me watching The Fly when i was very young... even now the thought of him turning him into a fly makes me skin crawl.

There is a scene in the exorcist which freaks me out (when she is jabbing herself in the nether regions , shouting "f... me , F... me ) and her head is spinning round ..

The Ring - Most of the film gives me the jeebies , in particular when the girl starts crawling out of the TV... i can't place my finger on what it is that disturbs me so much about it.. and also when you see the faces after they have died (where they are all warped)... .

oh yeah couldnt sleep with the lights off for weeks after that :help:

When he opens the window too!.. and his dead brother floats in :o

Also, the bit where the guy is sat in the rocking chair upstairs and you're shouting at the old bloke not to go up.... oh, and the bit when the dead brother sits up in the coffin ( gulp!) bloomin' scary film that one!

not scarey, but by far the gorest thing ive seen on telly was a scene on charlie brookers big brother zombie series, Dead Set.

the nasty piece of work producer gets torn apart by zombies, and is very messy. much respect to the special fx guys for a moment that haunted me for ages!

nightmare on elm street the original version freaks me out. Went to see the remake just to see what they had done but it was crap.

The Shining is the scariest film ever, i have to watch bits in mute cause the music is so scary, and the woooing and silence from the hallway concrete to the carpet it terrifying.

i saw the haunting in connecticut (sp?) when it was out and that REALLY freaked me out. I had the light on at night for a bit. The bit where he's in bed and every time he closes his eyes and opens them the ghost gets a bit closer :help:

Alos, the long advert for paranormal activity is horrid, I think i'll leave that one thanks!

The final scene in [Rec] does me a wrong 'un. Big style.

Totally agree, in fact I mentioned it on another thread.

For anyone who has not seen the film, rent it out, but make sure it is the original Spanish version, you soon get used to the sub-titles.

In fact I think last week on MSN there was a poll for the 10 scariest scenes of horror films of all time, and this was in there.

Rec 2 is supposed to start off from where Rec 1 finished, can't wait to see it.

Although they are not scary, I used to like the old "Twilight Zone" TV series.

The original Halloween. The combination of the music and the suspense and menace.