Pond near Asda Handsworth

have you seen the little pond near the airport just at the side of the i think 3rd round about if you were coming from car craft heading to morrisons, its full of rudd roach perch crusian and something really big as well that i havent been able to catch yet but been told its a catfish, the ponds only a bout 9.5mx4m but its really good. there are also 2 other little ponds next to it filled with very littel crusian an ghost carp.

i went up the other day and the pond looks like its been emptide the water was like a bath and you could see right to the bottom. shame this was a good littel know spot.

might try the little pond with the crazy gunman:hihi:, is there any where to park nearby???

This is a blast from the past.

In the mid 90's me and my mate put a number of fish in the pond that we had caught from another location. I won't say where in case i get into bother. We put a number of Carp, Roach and perch in the pond. We never went back to fish it.

I use to spend hours down there with my mates when I was growing up in the 80's and 90's . The reason we put them in was to fish it for ease as we were from Handsworth.

If you go to the inlet to the pond there are rusted parts off a Plane. It was a great place to kick about.

As for the man with the Gun, most of the Problems came from the large family living in the old pit house behind the Orange Hills.

The pond in question is caused by the work on the other side of the railway blocking the drainage.the wood is called the gambling ring . In the day the miners used to go there to play cards after there shift before going home . Me my brother and cousin (finchwelllad )used to play there has kids ( not cards ) the stream that ran into the wood was that clear you could drink the water . Great memories of the early 1960 to early 1970

Edited by alba