Pond near Asda Handsworth

Hey guys does anyone know who owns the pond next to the railway tracks near asda at handsworth please? its at the end of a small lane with the parkway on the left. Also has anyone fished it?

Google quarry road sheffield 13 to see the lane as cant work it lol

Thanks

Edited by 2's Company

Dunno its in bushes and if you didnt know it was there you wouldnt find it its in the middle of a corn field with a railway line to the left

Dunno its in bushes and if you didnt know it was there you wouldnt find it its in the middle of a corn field with a railway line to the left

I think it's called Highfield Spring, I don't know who owns it or if it's got any fish in it, like you say unless you've been there before you wouldn't know it existed.

Found it on Google maps satellite image Highfield Spring

I think i know the pond your talking about,is it down waverly lane footbll pitches and past the cottages then the steep hill at the side of the bridge that goes over the train tracks and its next to the corn field.

If it is then its the one i used to fish years ago until the farmer chopped down loads of trees and threw them in :(

The last time i was down there i was threatened with a shotgun by the so called land owner and i had my young son with me but i stood up to him and he backed off.

This pond was full of wild (not stocked) crusians,Rudd,carp and other fish believe it or not.We never made a mess or disrespected the land but he just hated people fishing in the pond so took it on himself to throw as many snags in there as he could,But i can guarantee there are some fantastic fish still in there but the pond is virtually un fishable due to the snags.

Legend had it that it was a old bomb crater filled with rain water and i always thought it was on British rails land but i investigated and its on a bit of a gray area.

One day we caught carp on pees there and even berries from the nearby trees lol.

Very sad to see such a pond with wild fish in it spoiled.

I was on it tonight just by pure chance as a friend mentioned it we spent 2 hour down there and never saw a farmer or anything and was pulling perch and roach out all over the place

Like i said i used to fish it years ago but just giving you the heads up for when rambo comes with his 12 bore btw i was about 28 when this happened so its not like trying to scare kids off he was a idiot,he still backed off when i asked him to put his money where his mouth was.

was there many trees in the pond?

maybe someone dragged/dredged them out.

ps the crusian in there where great and there's not many places in the UK where you can catch wild crusian carp as most are stock fish.

there is a couple but there in the edges its just really overgrown and needs clearing. taking a camera with me for when rambo appears lol

Good luck.i might go down one day with a tin of sweet corn see if the crusian carp are still there.Keep me posted to see how you get on ;)