Work Christmas Party

Can anyone help? I'm trying to find a venue which would do an evening meal and dancing for around £15-20 per head...now the Mad Greek has gone, is there anywhere in the city centre?

Why don't you try Zing Va on the Moor or Baldwin's Omega on Psalter Lane.

The mashouse on devonshire street in between pizza express and the green room holds about 30 people its english food they do a lovely bangers and mash.

we booked for my birthday on a 9.30 sitting and had the whole restaurant the food came to about 2 courses 13-15 and 3 courses 15-20 give it a try.

how about something differant try a boat cruise on the canal. they do evening meal and dancing, i think you can choose your own menu as well. they have an office near bluwater on the Quays

Originally posted by fagan138

The mashouse on devonshire street in between pizza express and the green room holds about 30 people its english food they do a lovely bangers and mash.

we booked for my birthday on a 9.30 sitting and had the whole restaurant the food came to about 2 courses 13-15 and 3 courses 15-20 give it a try.

Nothing wrong with the food here (or the plonk). The biggest problem was that I felt I was eating my lunch sat in a bus-stop.

It's windowless, small, cramped and therefore claustrophobic. Food: excellent; venue: poor.

Guest mikey_g

Why not try the newest and funkiest venue to hit town... DQthelatebar? With Cha Cha's Indian Buffet upstairs you can book the place out, eat as much as you like and then party the night away in the downstairs bar. The perfect solution! It is situated slap bang next to where the Mad Greek used to be so location is ideal!

If you haven't been down and checked the place out I reccommend you do, the bar is amazing, and the restaurant upstairs comes highly approved, and with the two venues being under one roof, you don't even have to get a taxi to party the night away!

Drop me a PM and I'll give you a contact number...

I am also looking for the same thing for work approx 30 people, 9th December friday night for a mad lot of people and we went to mad greek last year had a great time I hope we dont work for the same place and both doing same job ha ha. Needs Music Food and Alcohol somewhere to dance if poss or they will use the tables if not.

I got menu from dogs owlerton stadium but £27:95 per head a bit much to start with before drinks. I would prefer to have the option not to have dessert which would make it cheaper.

Various ages of people so variety is important ie steak or authentic.

I would forget planning anything at Christmas. The staff are stressed so the service is not at its best, the bar is packed and you don't get the best food either because the kitchen staff are overloaded.

Why not boycott December and go for mid January? Give you all something to look forward to.

Dare to be different ......

Originally posted by advenutrer

I would forget planning anything at Christmas. The staff are stressed so the service is not at its best, the bar is packed and you don't get the best food either because the kitchen staff are overloaded.

Why not boycott December and go for mid January? Give you all something to look forward to.

Dare to be different ......

My previous boss decided to be VERY different (not too disorganised and lazy to organise something - honestly :suspect: ) and we ended up having our Christmas 'do in April this year :loopy:

cud join us at the cutlers hall? :thumbsup: