CPU Temperature Is My CPU Failing?

That's strange as the fan/heatsink are brand new.

Its a chunk of metal, they dont have faults. Sometimes the base is better described as concave rather than desert flat. But even the most poorly machined wouldnt likely cause your symptoms.

What people building their first machines do have problems with every time, is not realising one of the 4 push pins (if a modernish Intel) isnt all the way down - sometimes hard to tell just from looking. And this does cause temperature issues like you describe.

I've replaced these parts in other computers a few times before and never had this problem, This pc is obviously an older AMD.

Pain in arse when that happens.Never trusted what bios says although mainly correct i use a digital temp gauge to make sure.All mine run about 30-35 max.

Dos it actualy feel hot to touch it should do if them temps are correct.

It is paist your using not the pads? if its pad bin it

I would also check cpu as to requirments for the new board.

Edited by terminator

I had a motherboard previously that had a poorly calibrated temperature sensor, have you checked your mobo manufacturer's website for bios updates?

Did you clean the CPU before putting the new heatsink on? If it had residual thermal paste from the old one you won't get good conductivity.

sounds like a heatstink issue