Barbers park hill flats

what ever happened to dougie who had the barbers shop on park hill flats? last time i went there it was about 1998

Edited by mick851

He died a few years back, approx 6 or 7.

....yes , visited often ! - up the stairs beside Littlewoods dentists !!!

He used to have a big old blue Merc. Sad to hear he's no longer around.

....yes , visited often ! - up the stairs beside Littlewoods dentists !!!

He used to have a big old blue Merc. Sad to hear he's no longer around.

Does anyone remember the boxer dog he used to have in the barbers?

...no but i remembered towards the 90's , a young coloured "stylist" opened up at the bottom of the stairs underneath him (MR C's ?) and did all sorts of then new razor design haircuts (patterns / drawings ect in hair?), which attracted a lot of the younger customers , hitting Dougies traditional "barber" trade badly.

...no but i remembered towards the 90's , a young coloured "stylist" opened up at the bottom of the stairs underneath him (MR C's ?) and did all sorts of then new razor design haircuts (patterns / drawings ect in hair?), which attracted a lot of the younger customers , hitting Dougies traditional "barber" trade badly.

I think She was Black not coloured :) pc

i remember once when i went for my hair cutting, i must have been about 14, my hair then ( still same style now ) was number 2 back and sides and a bit off top. i was talking to dougie, and i asked how short would it be if i had number 4 on top??? within a split second he had put the number 4 attachment on his shaver, did one stripe across top of my head and said " that short ". still makes me laugh now :)