Anyone want to try salsa?

They are on a Tuesday I believe at the Forum. If you go onto the sheff hallam union website there is an email address on the salsa society page that you can use to find out more info. I emailed a few weeks ago and havent heard anything back. You dont need to be a member to go to the Forum I think it would just allow you a discount.

They are on a Tuesday I believe at the Forum. If you go onto the sheff hallam union website there is an email address on the salsa society page that you can use to find out more info. I emailed a few weeks ago and havent heard anything back. You dont need to be a member to go to the Forum I think it would just allow you a discount.

The Forum ones are run by the Salsa Soc at Sheffield Uni. They are the ones I used to go to, they're cheap but very busy so there isn't a lot of space when you're learning!

ok, so beginners lessons are on a saturday 12:30 at cubana. It costs 5 pound and they pair everyone up if your going by yourself :)

ok, so beginners lessons are on a saturday 12:30 at cubana. It costs 5 pound and they pair everyone up if your going by yourself :)

£5??? Blimey, that's a lot compared to the £1 that Sheff Uni Salsa Soc charge for their Saturday lessons! Unfortunately I won't be able to go as the whole reason I stopped going to salsa was that I had other commitments on a Saturday. Enjoy it if you go though.

FREE beginners calsses continue after that, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month (24th November, Dec 8th and 22nd etc)

7.30 - 8.00

and then

8.00-9.00 Rueda (Cuban salsa in a group) salsa experience needed, no rueda experience presumed

9.00-10.00 Rueda for those who have some experience

Rueda classes are £3.50 for one, £5.00 for two

[email protected] or 0790 004 1735 for further details

Apologies;chopped begining of message which spoit it:

Here's the first bit....

Salsa with Amigos de la Rueda

Novemenber 10th 1 hour FREE taster session of Cuban Salsa!

7.30 -8.30

Burton Street Project,

Burton Street, Sheffield S6 2HH

(between Pennistone Road and Langsett Road, near Hillsborough Barracks)

Don't be put off by the building work outside! From the street we're towards the left and upstairs.

£5??? Blimey, that's a lot compared to the £1 that Sheff Uni Salsa Soc charge for their Saturday lessons! Unfortunately I won't be able to go as the whole reason I stopped going to salsa was that I had other commitments on a Saturday. Enjoy it if you go though.

Hi Just noticed your postings.

Just one thing, Salsa is like most things in life you get what you pay for - well usually :D

We've got a new Novice cycle commencing 7pm, Monday 10th January 2011

We're the only authentic New York style class in Sheffield.

Our classes are more expensive but I'll guarentee you'll get your monies worth - and more!:D

Venue: St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane S2 4QZ

Cost: £5 waged/£3.50 unwaged.

Contact

m: 07917841728,

e:[email protected],

w:http://www.mambocollective.co.uk

New York style is nothing like Strictly Come Dancing/Ballroom abominations.

It's elegant, dynamic and energetic.

The classes focus on excellent partner dancing in a fun and entertaining environment.

Places are limited and at the last count we had 11 remaining so contasct us asap if you'd like to reserve a place.

Amigos de la Rueda starts again on Wednesday, 12th January 2011 and thereafter 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, at Burton Street Project, Burton Street;

Cuban Style salsa

7.30 - 8.00 Free for complete beginners

8.00 - 9. 00 Rueda for those who have done some general salsa but not rueda

9.00 - 10.00 Rueda for those experienced in this style

Plus some social dancing at the end

Latter two classes £3.50 for one or £5 for the two

No partner required

Tel 0790 004 1735 for more details or see the 'Amigos de la Rueda' group page on Facebook

SATURDAY SALSA night @ CITY LIMITS on 19th MAY. (7:30pm - 1:30 am)

City Limits and VJ brings you a fantastic salsa night on a weekend in Sheffield. This will be a monthly event which includes one of the finest floor to dance, lovely people and a nice dancing atmosphere.

7:30pm - 8:30pm - Free Salsa lesson -improvers level by VJ (isalsa)

There will be a couple of SURPRISE dance performances.

Yes, thats right !!!. No one should ask me about it, because its a SURPRISE !!! We have raffle tickets, games and some interesting prizes to be given away.

Dress to impress for this classy event!

DJ VJ from isalsa, playing some hot, traditional and new salsa music along with bachata, merengue, kizomba, salsaton and other genres to make it a party night.

So come and expect a lovely evening with us.

Venue - City Limits Dance center

607-613 Penistone Road Sheffield, South Yorkshire [ view map ]

[ view map ] Tickets - £7/6 (NUS) Book in advance or just pay on the door

Phone: 07411497643

E-mail: [email protected]