Debenhams Sheffield returns policy

If a price is marked on an item in the shop, this includes things that say bla bla off etc then they must sell it to you at that price. Otherwise they are breaking the law.

Rubbish .......

Edited by 123456A

Bang on.

it's at the stores discretion as to wether it honours human errors when it comes to price labels etc

It wasn't a human error though - the whole of the shelf (with lots ofpairs of the same shoe!) was marked with blue cross 20% off notices.

Bang on.

it's at the stores discretion as to wether it honours human errors when it comes to price labels etc

i think thats about right however if something is priced up wrong i believe the store/company can be fined by trading standards or something, thats usually why they honour the sale. i know if there was a label attached, say to a trainer then we would sell it at that price. if it was put in the wrong place on the wall then it would be sold at the price it should be

It wasn't a human error though - the whole of the shelf (with lots ofpairs of the same shoe!) was marked with blue cross 20% off notices.

it could still be human error. there could of been two items that have nearly the same description or code so the wrong one got marked down, i know it happened a few times with some items at the place i worked

Unless the item was found to be defective, a shop isn't obliged to refund you... Most will have a sign at the point of sale telling you what the policy is though, as some will only give credit notes... In the case of credit notes they always give you a note to the value of what you have spent, not try to knock a tenner off! Sounds like Debenhams are a bit undecided about what they want to do in future - you can see the sense in not giving refunds anymore though, what with the current climate in retail... You should always be careful in what you buy anyway, or ask if you think you may want to return it what the policy is...

No it's not. They can change the price whenever they want.

This is very true! It's at point of sale that they officially tell you what the cost will be, then it's up to you if you want to buy it...

They are allowed to do that. I'm assuming that what the problem is that they've been having problems with some sort of scam. I'm not sure exactly what but I suspect what it may be is that if people have seen something they've bought with a cheaper price tag a week later they'll go and buy another one of the same and return it using the receipt for the more expensive one making an extra tenner cash.

Don't their blue cross sales go down by a particular mark up each week? If a gang was organised and was also using gift cards to take some of the credit on and sell on I'm guessing quite a bit of cash could be made out of that.

if i was you, i would contact trading standards

By law no store has to have a refund policy, they mainly have one to improve customer service.

Also stores do not have to issue receipts.

By law no store has to have a refund policy, they mainly have one to improve customer service.

Also stores do not have to issue receipts.

I thought any company which was VAT registered had to provide a VAT reciept/invoice if requested?