Anybody elses Working Tax Credit not been paid on Wednesday?

Mine normally goes in on Wednesdays but not this week, do you think it could be becuase of bank holiday?

They infuriate me.

It's a nightmare trying to get through to the Tax Credits office, even in the so-called off peak times. I spent from 8am to 2.30pm last wednesday, and again the week before. You get right to the very end of their press this press that, visit our website blah blah before the automated reponse tells you their too busy to take your call and hang up!!! When I finally did get to a human being, I spent just over 15minutes on hold!!! :rant:

Back on topic though, every single time, I heard your payments should have been made on the 27th due to the BH.

Ours didn't go in either. Have you got a child that has just left school? If so, they cancel the claim on 31st August, and then recalculate it from 1st September if your child is continuing education at college or post 16. I informed them that my son was continuing his education in September back in June, but somehow they reckon i never told them. After hanging on the phone for nearly 20 mins, I finally got it sorted and it is now being recalculated. It may take up to 5 days tho.......:rolleyes:

I'd give them a ring, they are open til 8pm.

they're open 7 days a week 8am-8pm

I managed to get through on Thursday and was told they are trying to resolve the issue as soon as possible but off the record I wasn't to hold my breath, it mihgt take a week or two to get sorted! :( grrr

Mine didn't go in either, I assumed that it is because my son has turned 16 but he is staying on at school so it should have been paid.I phoned them up (tip- try pressing different option numbers to get through to an advisor) they said it may take weeks to sort out

Edited by HThorpe
spelling

i tryed for 10 days to get hold of a person

FROM 8 AM TILL 8 PM AT ALL TIMES OF THE DAY!!!!!!

i have a child and they expect i can just sit on hold for hours on end, i spent 15 mins pressing redial listening to press one press two just to hear they where too busy and the line going DEAD, then when i did get through was put on hold without speaking to someone for a further 35 mins.

IM NOT WITH BT AND MY PARTNER HAD LOST THERE JOB WHEN I RECIVED MY PHONE BILL 0845 NUMBERS WHERE CHARGED TOTALLING £25

i then spoke to some one, told them my problem and they still couldnt help me telling me i would have to wait for an awards letter i asked how long that would be and they didnt know

GREAT ..................

Yes I too had the same experience - so frustrating to be cut off when you've been guided through 3 or 4 steps by an automated advisor. However, I did finally talk to a real person who also advised me that as my son had reached 16, my tax credits would automatically be re-calculated in September and that I didn't have to do anything. So I'm waiting to see if they're right!

i tryed for 10 days to get hold of a person

FROM 8 AM TILL 8 PM AT ALL TIMES OF THE DAY!!!!!!

i have a child and they expect i can just sit on hold for hours on end, i spent 15 mins pressing redial listening to press one press two just to hear they where too busy and the line going DEAD, then when i did get through was put on hold without speaking to someone for a further 35 mins.

IM NOT WITH BT AND MY PARTNER HAD LOST THERE JOB WHEN I RECIVED MY PHONE BILL 0845 NUMBERS WHERE CHARGED TOTALLING £25

i then spoke to some one, told them my problem and they still couldnt help me telling me i would have to wait for an awards letter i asked how long that would be and they didnt know

GREAT ..................

I've been trying to order a claim pack for 6 weeks but can't get through on the phone. I've written to the address on the website but have had no response after 4 weeks either. I'm getting pretty desperate and like you am wasting a lot of money on phone calls. What a poor service.

its madness, they tell you to inform them of a change of curcumstance straight away or you can end up having to pay back money but when you cant get through whos at fault there ??