Opinions on Wincobank

There are posts from a few years ago about the Wincobank area and I just wondered what people thought about it now.

I'm thinking about buying a house there (the top end, near Jenkin Road) and would appreciate any thoughts people have. It seems fine when I've driven round, but I guess you never really know until you live there. Thanks :wave:

i lived on sandstone road for 8 years before moving down the hill to the new estate on hollywell heights.

wincobank is fine no real problems with large gangs ect hanging around, there are good transport links to town meadowhall and the motorway is 2 mins away, i dont no which road your lookig at moving to? but the only real issue we had was parking,

The sandstone estate is fast becoming one of the worst estates in sheffield.

The area where the shops and bus stop are totally avoid at all costs.

Jenkin is usually fine as its a main road and doesnt attract youths but if its near any shops / phone box etc avoid, dont be tempted.

Jenkin is usually fine as its a main road and doesnt attract youths but if its near any shops / phone box etc avoid, dont be tempted.

i can not believe your comment i have lived on sandstone for 4 years its great no problems no crime no big gangs yes theres couple of kids that hang nr bus stop but they course no bother what so ever not like areas where they are mugging you or attacking you

i would highly reccomend wincobank to anyone i have lived in the area 26 years

i lived around 8 houses up from the shops and never had any problems, yes you get kids hanging around the bus stop but where would you like them to hang around? most are harmless kids.

Thanks for all the comments - I've decided to buy there now, so hopefully everything should be ok!