Sign in to follow this  

Advice on posting on the Forum

I can post on the Forum,but I dont know how to do it when before the posting it say : quote : then a long box that says : original posted by : Then it says the posting that you are replying to. What do you do to have that before your posting,because some people have it, and some dont.

Originally posted by pattricia

I can post on the Forum,but I dont know how to do it when before the posting it say : quote : then a long box that says : original posted by : Then it says the posting that you are replying to. What do you do to have that before your posting,because some people have it, and some dont.

At the bottom of the post which you want to quote there's a button that says Quote. Press this and add your reply and then save. Voila!

Bottom right, to be precise, next to the Edit button. :wink:

Well. If we are going to be precise:

pattricia should not "Save" as advised by Max.

Rather, she should "Submit Reply"!:D

Originally posted by cgksheff

Well. If we are going to be precise:

pattricia should not "Save" as advised by Max.

Rather, she should "Submit Reply"!:D

But before 'submitting' 'post reply' needs to be pressed.

:D

The 'quote' is below 'link'

:D

Originally posted by kentboy119

But before 'submitting' 'post reply' needs to be pressed.

:nono: :nono:

Gotcha there!

"Post Reply" button is redundant if you use the "Quote" button!

:nono: :nono:

Gotcha there!

"Post Reply" button is redundant if you use the "Quote" button!

I am trying it out cgksheff,cos its the first time Ive done it,and everybody is telling me different things.

[trying B]Looks like you've nailed it, to me!:clap: [/b]

Just trying it out once more to make sure. Did you say that the "Post Reply" becomes redundant after pressing Quote,then its" Submit Reply". Is this right ?

Just trying it out once more to make sure. Did you say that the "Post Reply" becomes redundant after pressing Quote,then its" Submit Reply". Is this right ?

Yes - if you quote someone, then you hit 'Submit Reply', as opposed to 'Post Reply' which is used as a simple reply!

:)

P.S: Did my instructions on getting your CD in the drive work, and your email sorted, Pat?

EDIT: You took some of the vB code out - hence why the ''originally posted by "member 'x' " is not in bold.

Yes - if you quote someone, then you hit 'Submit Reply', as opposed to 'Post Reply' which is used as a simple reply!

P.S: Did my instructions on getting your CD in the drive work, and your email sorted, Pat?

EDIT: You took some of the vB code out - hence why the ''originally posted by "member 'x' " is not in bold. [/YesQUOTE] Yes see what you mean about the vb code cos ive just done it again now. The cursor seems to be in the wrong place,then its too late,Ive typed certain words in,and I have to move the cursor to where I want to start typing. Will get it right eventually. Yes, Thank you for the info on CDs and DVD s,was very clear, and I understood.When I first got my computer,I pressed the square button on the CD drawer to open it, before I had switched the computer on,the button has been stuck since then,so I have to press it in with a paper clip,to release it now, but thats not much trouble. Learnt me a lesson,to switch computer on before inserting a CD.Ok on E mails now,Bt doesnt ask for my user name,as I come on the Forum first,then do E mails,so it just asks me to click onDial

EDIT: You took some of the vB code out - hence why the ''originally posted by "member 'x' " is not in bold. [/YesQUOTE] Yes see what you mean about the vb code cos ive just done it again now. The cursor seems to be in the wrong place,then its too late,Ive typed certain words in,and I have to move the cursor to where I want to start typing. Will get it right eventually. Yes, Thank you for the info on CDs and DVD s,was very clear, and I understood.When I first got my computer,I pressed the square button on the CD drawer to open it, before I had switched the computer on,the button has been stuck since then,so I have to press it in with a paper clip,to release it now, but thats not much trouble. Learnt me a lesson,to switch computer on before inserting a CD.Ok on E mails now,Bt doesnt ask for my user name,as I come on the Forum first,then do E mails,so it just asks me to click onDial

Great stuff.