The strange things cyclists do

But, what happens when the views expressed actually are petty comments?

????? petty comments to you maybe But my views to me

i'm of now:( to get the old v8 fired up and dodge the cyclist that seem hell bent on damaging mi bonnet:gag:

will every just chill out and go and talk about something other than cycling for once?

Edited by TimmyR

The people or persons i believe are to blame are the council. They have made a big push for the city to be greener. Suggesting people to use cycles and ditch the cars when commuting. However they have not put adequate cycle lanes in place. Cycle lanes need to be in the busy areas to identify seperate road uses and make it safe for everyone. However they are only in place in areas not really needed due to reduced traffic, ie europa link road and not in inner city areas or built up areas where traffic is busy and congestion notable. Plus people parking on double yellow lines ie firth park road, causes problems for everyone and needs to be addressed, but thats another debate.

I cycle every day, and I think you've hit the nail on the head, there needs to be more cycle lanes.

I don't like the attitude, that some motorists have, that cyclists are just getting in their way. That implies that roads are for cars and cyclists are somehow intruding. The roads are clearly for everyone.

I think cyclists can cause accidents. It's very easy to forget to signal on a bike (you kinda need your hands for the brakes!) Coupled with the fact that cyclists are very easy to miss while driving a car, and this is where the problems start. Basically everyone needs to be more aware, take their time and look after each other.

I cycle every day, and I think you've hit the nail on the head, there needs to be more cycle lanes.

Its the cycle lanes , and bus lanes that are causing the congestion and gridlock in sheffield. Where there were once 2 lane roads we now have a single lane road for motorists ,and a lane just for the "chav chariots " to use meaning 50% less traffic being able to move along the road at any time.

The bus and cycle lanes need removing to allow the traffic to move mo0re freely .

Why the hell should cycles and buses recieve priority treatment , when us motorists pay through the nose to use the roads ,and cyclists pay NOTHING.

Why the hell should cycles and buses recieve priority treatment , when us motorists pay through the nose to use the roads ,and cyclists pay NOTHING.

MMmmm, I'm sure I've heard this before.

Why should they get free use of the same roads us motorists have to pay through the nose to use ?

There are thousands of cycle lanes in Sheffield. Shame hardly any of them join up and some are only six feet long and go to nowhere :roll:

Nooooooooooo.............

At least not of what passes for cycle lanes in most of this country which cause hazards to pedestrians or narrow a lane off whilst still trying to segregate leading to narrower lanes for cars which then squeeze past the bike because there is a white line there

UK cycle lanes are appalling and badly thought out, just to check boxes of "x kilometres of cycle lanes" for supposed green credentials and do not, in general, work to the benefit of cyclists, pedestrians or cars.

Oh yeah, the cycle lanes we have are really bad. You'd need to make the roads wider or have cycle lanes not on the roads.

Also people shouldn't park on the roads either, that tends to make them narrower. Motorists pay road tax, cyclists don't. The reason being that bikes don't wear out the roads, but cars do. If you think it's unfair, ditch your car and get a bike, that way you just beat the system.

...when us motorists pay through the nose to use the roads..

Not through your vehicle excise duty you don't. I suggest you tattoo this on your forehead so every time you look in the mirror you are reminded of this fact.

...and cyclists pay NOTHING.

If they pay any kind of tax they do. I suggest you tattoo this below the above message so you remember that also. Maybe you could simplify it to:

WE ALL PAY FOR THE ROADS THROUGH GENERAL TAXATION.

Of course, you'd have to get it done in reverse writing so you could read it.