The strange things cyclists do

He shouldn't have been cycling on the footpath, not having a helmet on has nothing to do with anything. But if he couldn't get past, could a pushchair, or disability scooter or wheelchair? You shouldn't be parking on the foothpath, push your wing mirror in to stop it getting smashed.

There is more than enough room for a pushchair to get past, in fact you can quite easily get a double buggy through. if there was enough room for him to stop and talk to me on his bike whilst my car door was open it gives you some kind of idea.

He didn't seem to understand that he was cycling on the footpath

At least no one can complain about him not paying road tax :D

Look sunshine, if you park on the pavement you should descend the seven terraces of purgatory until you recant your crime. Don't do it again and certainly don't think that somebody else's crap attitude excuses your own.

Look sunshine, if you park on the pavement you should descend the seven terraces of purgatory until you recant your crime. Don't do it again and certainly don't think that somebody else's crap attitude excuses your own.

lol:hihi: I wholeheartedly apologise... :thumbsup:

May seraphims transport you to the abode of the righteous.

May seraphims transport you to the abode of the righteous.

By bicycle :D

Why is the title of this thread not "I saw a cyclist do something strange" rather than "the strange things cyclists do"?

You do realise that legally it is the bus drivers responsibility to make sure that the way is clear, not the cyclists to let the bus pull out into a gap? Indicators don't give anyone priority.

No the bus was already pulling out because it was clear, then the cyclist came zipping along and basically nearly ran into the side of it as it was pulling out.

But you already said that it wasn't clear because there was a cyclist there. The bus should have stayed where it was.

But you already said that it wasn't clear because there was a cyclist there. The bus should have stayed where it was.

No the cyclist wasn't there, the cyclist was maybe 5-6 car lengths back when the bus started to pull out. The traffic was static (apart from the bus moving out) so the cyclist soon "undercut" the static traffic but instead of stopping having seen the bus pulling out decided to carry on next to the bus as it was pulling out. He was very lucky.

I think the strangest thing cyclists do is not be safe on the roads.

Motorists spend a lot on their cars to make them roadworthy with yearly MOTs.

I hate having to share a road with cyclists that don't have appropriate safety gear such as

Lights or reflectors and a helmet - in the least. If I need safety features on my car to use the roads, why don't cyclists?

Saw a cyclist jump a red light here a couple of weeks back, nearly ended up on the front of a Mercedes Sprinter van turning right. Luckily the van driver saw him but had to stop in the middle of the junction.