The strange things cyclists do

This morning I saw a female cyclist, in a filter lane turning right, in heavy rush hour traffic. Nothing unusual in that I hear you say. But....she was on foot, walking with her bike next to her!

Fair enough that's what you might have to do if you get a puncture or buckle a wheel, but get off the bloody road, don't walk around in the middle of traffic like you're still on you're bike, you're not! :loopy:

It sounds a bit bizarre, but perhaps she'd fallen off, or something had happened?? Maybe she was trying to get back to the pavement, but the traffic flow just wasn't letting her? There are far stranger things that drivers do on the roads than what cyclists do - trust me! I walk all over Sheffield all day every day, and cyclists have nothing on drivers...

Go on...say she doesn't pay road tax.

I bet you're dying to :roll:

leave us cyclists alone, we don't say anything to anyone, just annoy drivers with our presence. :suspect:

It sounds a bit bizarre, but perhaps she'd fallen off, or something had happened?? Maybe she was trying to get back to the pavement, but the traffic flow just wasn't letting her? There are far stranger things that drivers do on the roads than what cyclists do - trust me! I walk all over Sheffield all day every day, and cyclists have nothing on drivers...

It was a reasonably long filter lane and she had just passed a pelican crossing where it was a single lane before it split into two, would have been a good idea to get off the road there instead of walking all the way down the middle of the filter lane holding up the traffic.

The other week I saw a cyclist nearly wipe themselves out right here. A bus was indicating to pull out of the bus stop. The traffic was static because of the traffic lights, but a gap had been left to allow the bus to pull out. Even though it was indicating and it was obvious it was about to pull out into the gap, along comes a cyclists undercutting all the traffic (I've no problem with that) but then proceeds past the bus as its pulling out! How that guy didn't end up under the wheels I don't know.

The other week I saw a cyclist nearly wipe themselves out right here. A bus was indicating to pull out of the bus stop. The traffic was static because of the traffic lights, but a gap had been left to allow the bus to pull out. Even though it was indicating and it was obvious it was about to pull out into the gap, along comes a cyclists undercutting all the traffic (I've no problem with that) but then proceeds past the bus as its pulling out! How that guy didn't end up under the wheels I don't know.

Bet you were rather dissapointed when he didn't get extravagantly and bloodily killed. Ne'er mind, there's always next time, eh?

Bet you were rather dissapointed when he didn't get extravagantly and bloodily killed. Ne'er mind, there's always next time, eh?

Yes there probably will be for that cyclist.

My bold - pathetic.

I park the car half on the footpath to give other traffic less chance of smashing my mirror ( like the rest of the cars on the road ) and was busy buckling my daughter into her carseat so the door was a tad open on the footpath. Hearing someone cursing from from further up the road I looked up behind and could see a cyclist making his way through cars and wheelie bins angrily moaning to himself.

He stopped near me and said: 'whats going on?' I said: 'what do you mean?'

He replied: 'what do you think we are?.. all skinny or something!'

I asked him again what his problem was, he then pointed out all the wheelie bins and cars parked up on the footpath saying 'what do you think we are, all skinny or what!'

I told him that if I park my car here, I always put my wheelie bin away so there is a gap for people to walk through. He didn't seem to understand that he was cycling on the footpath and without a helmet - but i didn't point this out as he was pretty angry and abit bigger then me so I left him to go on his way moaning to himself.

You do realise that legally it is the bus drivers responsibility to make sure that the way is clear, not the cyclists to let the bus pull out into a gap? Indicators don't give anyone priority.

He shouldn't have been cycling on the footpath, not having a helmet on has nothing to do with anything. But if he couldn't get past, could a pushchair, or disability scooter or wheelchair? You shouldn't be parking on the foothpath, push your wing mirror in to stop it getting smashed.

I park the car half on the footpath to give other traffic less chance of smashing my mirror ( like the rest of the cars on the road ) and was busy buckling my daughter into her carseat so the door was a tad open on the footpath. Hearing someone cursing from from further up the road I looked up behind and could see a cyclist making his way through cars and wheelie bins angrily moaning to himself.

He stopped near me and said: 'whats going on?' I said: 'what do you mean?'

He replied: 'what do you think we are?.. all skinny or something!'

I asked him again what his problem was, he then pointed out all the wheelie bins and cars parked up on the footpath saying 'what do you think we are, all skinny or what!'

I told him that if I park my car here, I always put my wheelie bin away so there is a gap for people to walk through. He didn't seem to understand that he was cycling on the footpath and without a helmet - but i didn't point this out as he was pretty angry and abit bigger then me so I left him to go on his way moaning to himself.

this is irrelevant as helmets aren't compulsory.